Saku vs renzo

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Dead_pool, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txPQMKC5Y-Q"]BJJ SCOUT: Kazushi Sakuraba v Renzo Gracie Metamoris 5 Preview - YouTube[/ame]

Who's got your pick for tonight?

My head says Renzo but my heart wants saku!

I can see saku turtling once passed and renzo getting a nearside hook and dropping to a guiloteen or dominating from the closed guard.

But you can never saku may well snatch something in a scramble!

How do you see it playing out?

2. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Saku by elbow dislocation ;)

3. Dead_pool

Renzo really needs to stay away from the back! You think renzo will try a twister roll instead? ;)

4. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I think the biggest factor will be Saku's knees. If he's able to explosively shoot for low singles like he used to then Renzo's got problems. I don't think Renzo has much choice BUT to go for the back as he can't wrestle chest to chest with him. The staying tight and cutting off the turn strategy advocated in the video has merit for MMA but if you don't have to worry about being punched in the head it puts the leg right there for you.
    Let's face it, who doesn't want to see Saku dive roll into a heel hook finish?

5. Dead_pool

I think renzo will clinch and drop to guard, or work off a front headlock from saku's shots.

And if renzo loses remember its ok, saku is a bjj blackbelt too :) #purewater

6. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

has anyone got videos of saku in pure grappling matches (not pro wrestling or MMA)

he admits himself that he's way out of practice and i dont think he'll be prepped enough.

7. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Anyone in Edinburgh is welcome to come and watch with me and a few friends.

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Sak baby!!!! WAR CATCH!!!!

9. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

You think catch wrestling will prove itself again?

10. Gimpy

Gimpy New Member

Pretty much what i'm thinking, but you never know with sakuraba.

11. icefield

icefield Valued Member

heart and head say Renzo, such a good fighter and has done so much for the sport