Sajo Jirugi - Bungai

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by mattsylvester, Jul 8, 2002.

1. mattsylvester

mattsylvester One proud daddy!

This is taken from my web site http://www.practical-martial-arts.co.uk under the Practical TKD Banner.

Wen Najunde Bakat Palmok Makgi - Left Lower Outerforearm Block - Gedan Barai - Can be applied with other hand as well of course

Attacker seizes you in a crosshand grab. Shift to the outside and away from his free hand. Whilst doing so turn your right clockwise wrist and draw him across your body.

Keep turning your wrist and cut your hand into write points (H6). This should unbalance him.

Perform the block and drive into TW12, this should put him onto his knees and opens him up for the follow up stepping through punch to GB20. I would be tempted to either make the 'punch' a grab to the head and the step through a knee or knee and then punch him.

This would work well with a stick as well.

2. waya

waya Valued Member

Hmmmmm looks familiar from Hapkido, WTF style doesn't generally teach defenses of that sort, at least from my own training. Interesting technique though, I'd like to see more posts of this sort myself.

Rob

3. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Not really sure. It sounds like it might but and really cant say. You can try it out show on a person but do it slow and without force just to see if everything could work out right.

4. mattsylvester

It's quite an easy application to do. There are some nice entry moves that can use the step forward punch and turn element of Sajo Jirugi. Some of the takedowns (I'm still working on them) are quite similar, just depends on how nasty you want to be and where you want the opponent to land.

I'm hoping to do a photo shoot for PMA (http://www.practical-martial-arts.co.uk) using a friend's digital camera and will try to do the TKD stuff first (bit biased but hey, it's my site :0)).

Will let everyone know when I have done so.

Matt

5. mattsylvester

Any one else?

Tried this one out yet?

6. mattsylvester

We've started pressure testing this.

It's vital that you keep your right hand as close to your hip as possible. If you need to 'prep' them for the techinique a left hand slap to the underside of the grabbing hand works well.