Sad day for Bujinkan

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Fudo-shin, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Fudo-shin

Fudo-shin Valued Member

Even though I am not in the Bujinkan anymore, I knew one lady that was an early pioneer back in the 80s that recently passed away. Miss Abi Allen was always at the Tai Kais and there to see Hatsumi S., I don't want to comment on the situation between her and Ralph S, but here is a video of her back in those days and Ralph happens to be in it.

RIP Miss Abbi Allen, those who knew you in the X-Kan will miss you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UigfM3EAaBY"]YouTube - Ralph Severe DMTTofD Abi Allen 10 - 1988 Bujinkan Dojo[/ame]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  2. Tsukaneru

Tsukaneru Valued Member

One of many sad days. And not just for the Bujinkan it seems. Life is too short. Thanks for sharing this video so we could know a bit about her. Condolencies to her friends and family.

3. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

I think a MAP Memorial section would be a good idea.

4. The Unholy

The Unholy Banned Banned

Stu Klemm has really been there for her when she went through all this. He let us know what was going on, helped her put her affairs in order and just a whole lot of other stuff. He has walked a fine line between respecting her wishes for privacy while letting those that she wanted to know about her in the loop. I made a few references in my newsletter to her condition, but held back too many details, like how to contact her. In my last newsletter I mentioned that she had been hospitalized and that might have been too much. I feel bad if it was.

5. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

I knew Abi from the time she began training. She was a wonderful lady and budoka, and I'll never forget her.

6. The Unholy

The Unholy Banned Banned

I think one of the first seminars I ever went to was Bill Atkins at her place in New Mexico. She made me feel welcome, even when she was setting me up for Bill to torture me. :eek: That was the way she was, just full of life and good will.

Attached Files:

7. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

That is an awesome picture :D
    Found out about this this morning via a bujinkan friend on Facebook. Never knew her and know nothing of her, but it's always sad when a martial arts pioneer dies.

8. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Never met her, heard alot about her over the years..

R.I.P.

9. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

My teacher fondly remembers attending the opening of Abi's dojo in New Mexico. He has always had nothing but the highest respect for her. I'm sure she will be greatly missed.

- Mark Spada

10. Canit

Canit Valued Member

That's a great picture Don! A wonderful way to remember Abi.

11. Stefan Marcec

Stefan Marcec New Member

Rest In peace Abbi

Even I left the Bujinkan I while ago, I spent almost ten years ago some time in New Mexico, working for Abbi, training with her and teaching some classes to her students...
    The lessons I was taught by Miss Abbi Allen are still with me and I will never forget her...

Abbi, rest in peace

Domo arigato gozai mashita

Stefan Marcec

12. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

i didnt sleep so good the night before cause of the news, woke up an started checkin MAP posts, that picture made me lmao & feel a little better.

never knew Miss Abi Allen, just saw her in videos and heard about the passing on FB. condolences to her family & fellow buyu.

13. The Unholy

The Unholy Banned Banned

Tomorrow there will be a service for Abi by her family. If you are friends with Stu Klemm on facebook, he might be able to post photos of it. He said he will try.
    Here is a photo of her I found of her at the Texas Taikai.

Attached Files:

14. garth

garth Valued Member

Thats a great photo