Ryu-Te Kempo Karate

Discussion in 'Karate' started by RyuTerp, Dec 6, 2007.

1. RyuTerp

RyuTerp New Member

Just curious to see if anywhere else here is a member of this organization or familiar with Taika Seiyu Oyata. I have been a student for 2.5 years now but have not met many people in the system or outside of my Dojo.

I believe this is the official website for anyone who is interested:
    Ryu-Te Website

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  2. Ryu-Te Newbee

Ryu-Te Newbee New Member

Sorry, I've been away for awhile. I've been studying Ryu Te for almost two years now and I love it!

3. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Never heard of it myself, can you give some background info and history please?

4. Ryu-Te Newbee

Ryu-Te Newbee New Member

Well, briefly, there are basically 3 classifications of martial arts, classical, traditional, and modern. Modern, being what's out there nowadays, with the gymnastics and flashy moves. Traditional was when the transition to the spiritual and physical benefits became the major focus. Classical systems, like Ryu Te focus more on actual combat techniques. It is not a sport style, it is a self defense, or "Life Protection: system. It is a system that goes back to the way martial arts were originally done, before it got watered down. Kicking is not a major focus with this style. Kicks are more used to accentuate your hand techniques, or create openings for grappling techniques. There's a WHOLE lot more, but I am not qualified to tell you. As a "newbee" practioner, I'll send you to the site, and let you read up on it yourself. If you are looking to get a black belt real fast, this is not the style for you. If you are looking for tournament glory, this is not the style for you. If you are looking for an art that you can do in your upper years, this could be the style for you. The link is: www.ryute.com