Russell Stutely

Discussion in 'Karate' started by puma, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Something I usually do after a Denver omelette for breakfast

2. B I R C H

B I R C H Valued Member

Google it :)

3. puma

puma Valued Member

It just showed a clip on youtube of him touching a guy's head and then he dives on the floor with some terrible acting! I must have got the wrong thing.

4. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

He was at one time,think he was ranked at green belt,but then left and started his own association.He did an interview in a magazine and was very open about his background.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwTArLkLz-g&feature=channel_video_title"]Pillaging Blackpool 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Not my thing at all but if its what you are looking for he is certainly worth checking out.

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

OMG, hahahahahahahaha xD

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Egg Cutter:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGkgtPglfRU"][BEST SELF DEFENCE] The Egg Cutter - Simple self defence technique (Martial Arts) - YouTube[/ame]

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I'd let him do that to me.
    Just to see what happened.
    I don't honestly think I'd fall over like that dude.
    I'd really, really like it to be as effortless as it looks in that vid but it just seems too good to be true.

7. ShangChi

ShangChi KRAV MAGA!

I've been sitting here trying to give myself an Egg Cutter for a few minutes now.

1) My head hurts

2) The wife is looking at me funny

3) Sheffield Wednesday

8. Hannibal

Egg cutter is now firmly added to my "absolute pile of steaming crap" list

9. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

what the hell was egg cutter

This vid.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwTArLkLz-g&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwTArLkLz-g&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

this guys is also not very good a things pertaining to what you would do combat

he defo pillaged something - their wallets

10. Hannibal

Actually that one looked a lot better than Stutley...but it was a lot of small things made to look more than they are

0:42 for example...that is a white belt wrist lock with elbow assistance. I learned that in the WJJF for goodness sake! It does work, but any number of people can use it without the unnecessary theatrics.

There is some wheat in the vid though...you just have to know what to look for

11. Mangosteen

aye.
    it looks like a mish mash of techniques his picked like the guard pass he uses etc

12. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

A lot of the stuff he does in that video is found in tai chi,only thing is if Mr Pillage practiced tai chi he would be moving far more fluidly and using less of the brute force he is currently using.Compare his takedown with the one shown at 1.40 in this clip of Eddie Wu.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTInOS5nSPY"]Master Eddie Wu '08 No 2 - YouTube[/ame]

13. Mangosteen

sorry but the elbow tickling and weird one inch punch thing was weird from mr. pillage
    maybe its some magic nerve science i dont know.

and what was with that bit right at the end where it showed him punching the guy in the stomach while moving past him and flapping his other arm? does he not use any type of guard?

14. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

I haven't got a clue about that arm tickling stuff but the bit at the end looked as if he was off balance and using the arm to steady himself.

15. Hannibal

I can teach you the arm tickle in about 1 minute...it is nothing to do with the arm and everything to do with the wristlock

16. Mike Flanagan

Mike Flanagan Valued Member

And that IMO is what its all about. Theatrics parts punters from their pounds stirling very nicely thank you.

Mike

17. puma

puma Valued Member

I wonder what sort of background the people who attend these kind of seminars have in the martial arts?

18. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Well...a few years back MAI did a "super seminar" with Neil Adams (fantastic), Goeff Thompson and Peter Consterdine (awesome), Rick Young (amazing) and Tom Muncy (erm....yeah).
    Tom Muncy was affiliated to Dillman and then associated with Rick Moneymaker and Stutely was in with them at some point.
    Even after the seminar I was baffled as to why Muncy was in with the other dudes. It is a weird situation.

19. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Wheeey :D

I must remember to buy a Geoff Thomson book, nobody has anything but praise for the man xD

20. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Hah...embarassingly, I bought a t-shirt off Rick Young's missus who asked me "Have you had a good day?".
    I thought she said "Have a good day" and replied "You too!" and walked off.
    Only when I walked off did I realise what she's actually said.

It was a great seminar. Ronnie Green was there just training along. I'd have gladly done a seminar with him too. :)