Rumors or truth : HOw hard is it to fight in the UFC or other prize fighter competion

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Cannonballken, Mar 2, 2005.

?

How hard or easy is it to get in Ufc or other prize fighting things

Poll closed Mar 12, 2005.
  1. Easy as killing an ant

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. hard as killing a wasp

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cannonballken

Cannonballken New Member

I was pondering on this and would like to know about it ...it would be quite helpful..all I hear is this and that about how tough it is to enter when half the guys in Ufc and these organizations are not that tough ..SO truth or fact How hard is it

I would also like you to back up ...the info with a source as to alleviate dum opinions and stuff

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Hahaha!

How about YOU back that one up with a fact!

3. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

i didn't know you had fought everyone in the ufc and pride and deduced that only half were tough. if you ever see arlovski tell him that he's a sissy and punch him in the face--or is he one of the tough ones?
    you spelled dumb as "dum." it seems like you are the dumb one.

4. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Now, lets not let loose tongues get us in trouble........

Ken. Have you ever fought in a prize fight? If not, how do you back up your own claims?

Have you ever fought anyone outside of MA class? If you have, you will realise how hard it is to fight someone who wants to pull your face off.......and UFC/Pride guys are getting paid to rip each others faces off......Id say that gives them quite an incentive to be tough.............

5. Cannonballken

Cannonballken New Member

Laughs well I have fought alot actually outside of the MA class setting and actually hate ..that type of fighting ...Mainly I think ..that half the fighters are weak because they most not all are just crazy-brave as philosophers call it and cover up there buffness with a martial art name such as bjj or etc....ok also a real martial artist would completely destroy them in my view (also im not saying I am a REal Martial artist although I could argue that point since I my life revolves around my martial art)...anyway off subject..

6. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Oh crap, here we go again :bang:
    If you think you've got what it takes, give a couple of lower level shows in your area a call. Don't bother calling UFC, Pride, K-1 or King of the Cage, they won't touch you with a barge pole without a solid record, no matter how "real" your martial arts are or how tough you believe you are. You'll probably have to do some amateur fights with no pay, and even lots of the amatuer guys are seriously badass.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  7. ubermint

ubermint Banned Banned

Name a "real martial artist" and tell me why they haven't already made quite a bit of money on the prize fighting circuit?

8. Cannonballken

Cannonballken New Member

Well you name them your self im not your slave ...any person whose life is focused on perfecting his life understanding life and perfect his art whatever it may be not only is he a martial artist hes a real person

9. Cannonballken

Cannonballken New Member

:Angel: :Angel: I like your quote Server but mainly ,I know that, who do you think I am ...nevermind that it doesn't matter (a thought) only the truth matters and the fact is ill most likely be (my coach said) one of the top boxing contenders in 2 years ...check my age also
    I am a martial artist but since I started my journey in boxing thats were Im most likely to begin my profeesional career ...although I (deep inside) wish to go to the Ufc or something to that sort :Angel:

10. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I just took a look at the threads and posts you have made so far. Out of 26 posts total, 12 of them were new threads…and 4 of those threads were locked (and another in the Hapkido forum basically erased). This puts you in serious contention as a “troll”

MAP is a great site filled with lots of people of various backgrounds, experiences, and philosophies. A person could learn a lot here by asking the right questions, reading and posting with respect, and honestly trying to learn and share. If those are the reasons you come here, then you may wish to change the way you post a bit.

If you are coming here just for attention, it will be short-lived. People will begin to ignore your posts and/or you will get banned.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2168&highlight=posting+with+tact

11. Sever

Sever Valued Member

If you already know the answer, why are you asking us? :rolleyes:
    If you're going to be "one of the top boxing contenders in two years" (where and what weight division, by the way, if you don't mind my asking), just join the school wrestling team to round yourself out a bit and work the smaller MMA shows as well as boxing. Lots of MMA fighters take pro boxing matches in their off time between MMA matches

12. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

It's EASY to fight in an MMA match.

Winning is the hard part.

Cannonball, you are trolling, and somewhat subpar trolling at that.

Consider this thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.