rules of combat

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by kyoku115, Oct 19, 2003.

1. kyoku115

kyoku115 New Member

please excuse my ingnorance but I have been invitrd to train at a local club..but only having trained in kyokyshin I do not know the the rules of combat and dont want to walk in completely blind or ignorant to taekwon do ways and etiquette
    Can any one help please

2. craigwarren

craigwarren Valued Member

I wouldnt worry about "the rules of combat", theres no way they will want you to just start sparring, everything will be explained to you about the rules and such before you do it.

Think of this just like your first ever karate lesson, over again.

Your right in thinking things will be different, but you'll be shown everything you need to know, and im sure you'll pick up everything very quickly.

Good luck in this new club, and i hope you enjoy Tae Kwon Do.

If you do decide you like it and your gonna become a new TKD practitioner, please let us know and dont forget to drop by the TKD check in thread and let us know aswell.

:)

3. Mike Flanagan

Mike Flanagan Valued Member

Hi kyoku

Easy answer, ask them when you get there. TKD club sparring is usually hand and foot strikes to the body and head, no grabbing, no kicking to the legs. But clarify the particulars with them when you start sparring. Start gently and see how you get on.

Mike