Rudy Horn/villari

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by kickingfist, Mar 14, 2006.

1. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

Does anybody know what happened to rudy horn? He started ussd with grand master fred villari.

2. FightingMonk2k3

FightingMonk2k3 Valued Member

USSD isn't affiliated w/ Villari. USSD is GM Mattera.

3. Matthew Barnes

Matthew Barnes Valued Member

When rudy horn started, USSD was Villari's

When Fred Villari started his schools, it was under the USSD banner. It is only later that his student Charlie Mattera acquired the name. Fred then put his own name on all his schools. This is quite a while ago.

4. CJ

CJ Killer of all the B.S.

5. meijin10

meijin10 Valued Member

Rudy Horn

Rudy Horn did start the original USSD with Fred Villari. Rudy was one rank ahead of Fred. Due to politics Rudy was forced out of USSD just prior to the formation of the FVSSD. He was a good martial artist. Rudy is very low profile now, I believe that he was / is inactive.
    As for Freds name change from USSD to FVSSD, this was done after the Canadian schools broke away. The leader of these schools was one of Fred's 6th or 7th Dan's. This group kept the USSD name and it still exists today. This is the reason Fred changed his organizations name.
    Fred set up the schools on the west coast and placed Charlie Mattera in charge. A short time later Charlie broke away and took these schools with him. Later on Steve D did the same thing on the east coast. The rest is just history.
    I was around at this time and knew all of them.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  6. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

Thanks meijin10,
    So was rudy horn a 3rd degree when fred villari left?
    How long did he stay with villari? And if he was a higher rank than villari where did he get his rank?
    Did fred villari not train his guys very well or do you think they left over poltics and more money?

I am just wondering why all these masters left villaris?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  7. FightingMonk2k3

FightingMonk2k3 Valued Member

i think they left cuz of politics or something stupid like that. i particularly HATE politics interfering w/ martial arts dojos/studios. my former instructor's had to deal w/ drama because of that kind of stuff.

the drama ended up dividing the dojo in half and the fool who started the drama, took most of the black belts with him to a different location.

8. meijin10

meijin10 Valued Member

Rudy lefted Fred for varied reasons. Over a period of time Rudy was being excluded from many things including Fred's inner circle. Rudy is listed on SGM Cerio's web site.
    Fred's first generation of Black Belts were very well trained. These instructors could hold their own against any. Besides Rudy some of the first generation black belts were, C.Mattera, Fred Bagley, Art Singer, P.Cronin(crazy cronin),Larry Mangone and a few more. Master Spitz was Art Singers senior black belt. Steve Demasco,(Thompson), was in Fred's second generation.
    Nohelty & Bryant are second generation Villari, they left to help form another organization with Fred Begley and a businessman named Henry G,(can't spell his last name).Mattera left because he and Steve Demasco took Fred's west coast chain. Fred Bagley moved on to form another organization and is a practicing law attorney, Art Singer retired for personal reasons and I believe now lives in Canada, (could be wrong here). Larry Mangone retired 5 - 7 years ago and from what I have been told moved up near his son,(who is a minister).
    There is more but I would take hours to write.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  9. fightingninja2

fightingninja2 New Member

Ah the plot thickens.The real history comes out.

10. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

I think it's like a fractal, you pick one piece examine it in detail, only to discover there is a whiole other layer...

11. meijin10

meijin10 Valued Member

The Henry G. is Henry Guidoboni. He runs a martial arts supply store in Massachusetts. For a time Henry acquired martial arts supplies for Fred V. Henry, along with a few of Fred's senior ranks left Fred and started another martial arts organization. It was rumored that Henry was the finance behind this other group. After awhile this group started to dissolve. Henry then moved on to help start another Kempo organization. The membership of this new organization is made up of Villari and Masters break aways and a few from the Cerio group. I believe that Henry is the CEO of this group.
    This new group did something very interesting, they recognized someone as a Founder / Grandmaster 10th dan of his own Kempo system. This new Grandmaster then turned around and promoted many of the membership to very senior ranking. :rolleyes:

12. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

Can you tell me who the 10th was they recognized?
    I don't think you mean GM Garron do you?

13. meijin10

meijin10 Valued Member

I first read this information on Larry Garrons own organizational web site. On SGM Cerio's web site it list's Larry Garron as receiving his 10th Dan from the executive board of the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame. The only one I know of is run by the World Martial Arts Federation. If you go to the World Martial Arts Federation web site you will see the many of the members listed there have Kempo rank issued to them from Larry Garron.
    I have never been associated with this organization so I could be way out there on this one. Right now this is the way that I see it.
    My other posts I have first base knowledge on because I was there with all of them.

14. Joe V.

Joe V. Valued Member

I visited the WMAF site... You are correct. I did notice that many of the group were promoted by Prof. Garron. I have been to 5 seminars with Prof. Garron going back to 1998. I never realized Henry's group was resposible for his GM recognition in Buke-Do. I thought O'Sensei Lou Demaris (Enshudo) was the one who promoted him and Master Alty to their highest ranking in Kempo... Live and learn!
    Am I correct in assuming Mejin10 is GM Cunningham? That would corroborate the GM. Villari time line.
    JoeV.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  15. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

Thanks for the info meijin,

I heard mattera broke his knee in the 80's fighting grand master villari, did you hear about that?

16. meijin10

meijin10 Valued Member

During sparring matches sprained knees are not uncommon. To the best of my knowledge, and memory, C. Matteria never had his knee broken by Fred.

17. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

I heard it was 82-83? Like I said I dont know if it's true?
    Just wanted to see if you heard of it.
    Was fred and charlee friends at one point?

18. meijin10

meijin10 Valued Member

C. Matteria and Fred V were still friends at this point.

19. fightingninja2

fightingninja2 New Member

Dont you meen self promoted grand master? :D

20. kickingfist

kickingfist New Member

:D Thats really funny! If anyone knows where he received his 9th I would like to know.
    p.s. please make sure you have seen the certiffict