Rowdy women

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Andrew2011, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Andrew2011

Andrew2011 Valued Member

I was attacked by a group of women some time ago from behind and had to fight them off twice. Dont want to go into too much detail but I thought they were fooling around so ignored a couple of times but had to warn them off after and then defend myself when they ignored that. I've since been very cautious around groups of rowdy women (I have to say particularly white women).

Recently a group of rowdy women got on the train and one sat by me. They were saying to some men that they'd seen a fight and were punching their fists in the air and shouting a lot. I got off and caught another train because I wasn't in the mood to fool around and thought I might have to push them off resulting in a fight.

With more awareness I could have avoided the almost empty train carriage and have been less of a potential target but how would anuybody else have handled this? A high dan black belt I spoke to said if somebody is hostile he would first try to be friendly. I'm not good at that so I chose to avoid the situation.

The way I'd deal with rowdy men is to make myself look a hard target e.g. hostile but ignoring them. But women seem to take this differently and impinge on your personal space. So how the heck do you deal with this?

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Leg kicks.

3. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

As any cop can probably attest to, women can be just as dangerous as men. That whole, "don't hit a woman" nonsense goes right out the window when you meet a violent woman, or in your case, a group of them. What I find amusing is the look of incredulity on their faces when you defend yourself, like you've broken some sacred code of the universe.

4. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

I agree that if someone's attacking you, regardless of sex they become fair game. But I must ask if you didn't engage with them at all previous to them harassing you, how did it come about? As a woman I've had a confrontation or 2 with rowdy people but i have always engaged initially - in a friendly way as I don't like fighting or confrontation and it's got out of hand.

5. Andrew2011

Andrew2011 Valued Member

I've no idea, I suspect alcohol and the fact it was evening.

6. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

If you act like a lady, I'll treat you accordingly.

If you want to fight like a man, I will also treat you accordingly.

7. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

In your third paragraph in your opening post you say
    "With more awareness i could have avoided the almost empty train carriage and have been less of a potential target"

Thats about the best you can do right there.. For any number of scenario's, these are the kind of steps we can take to lessen the chances of being singled out for whatever reason etc.

8. Da Lurker

Da Lurker Valued Member

please make sure that your response to rowdy men isn't the same when you are surrounded by rowdy women. women can pick up nonverbal cues that you are just putting up a front, ie being hostile(don't come near).

ladies here, please correct me if I'm wrong: women TEST men. a LOT. :cry:

possibly you're putting out vibes that say "i can't handle this situation". from your own words: " I'm not good at that so I chose to avoid the situation."
    being friendly(not submissive) in the face of hostility implies confidence: all's cool, I have a handle on these things. try acquiring that skill.

or try being noncommittal/indifferent. no show on emotion, just an acknowledgment of their presence. however, before trying these out, know first what you are doing wrong. try to have a trusted friend observe you from a distance when you are in such a situation. do you have a subconscious reaction? little quirks? are you putting up a show of hostility(as you do with rowdy men)?

9. Kyokushin Guy

Kyokushin Guy Valued Member

It's pretty uncharacteristic for "ordinary" women to group together and pick fights with men. That said, what you experienced there is pretty extraordinary.

So, 'how do you deal with this?' If you're looking for non-violent resolution (as it sounds like you were) then your approach was likely the best response. If you were asking how to avoid this kind of attention preemptively then I can't help without knowing more details; but as a rule of thumb, avoiding eye contact (but not suspiciously) and looking really sleepy usually works pretty well in my experience.

If you're looking for methods to handle it if it got escalated to violence then...well...you do what you have to do. Try not to break any of their bones, though. I can just see the courtroom scene of the "poor victim" in an arm-cast telling the judge how you brutalized her after she and her friends just left a church social.

10. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I have to say... based on the title of this thread... I highly disappointed by it so far. :p

11. Da Lurker

Da Lurker Valued Member

you need pics and vids? :evil:

12. Da Lurker

Da Lurker Valued Member

double post

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  13. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

For Slip :Angel:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  14. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Men should not go near bachelorette parties. There is a reason they hire professional police and firemen to attend those things.

15. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Pretty vicious stuff here! :eek:

I'm a bit suspicious of the suggestion about grabbing the clitoris though. If we can't find it in the bedroom then we wouldn't have much chance in a fight! ;)

16. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Amazing that kicking her in the front bottom is suggested as acceptable whilst a right cross isn't mentioned

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Damn...I'm all for defending yourself against women if needed but that image reads like the bloke from Se7en wrote it.
    If woman attacks me she's liable to be picked up by the fuzz...when I call the police on her. :)