Rotator Cuff Injury?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by sean, May 7, 2006.

1. sean

sean THOR!

About 6 weeks ago I landed badly on my left shoulder. It felt fine a bit sore at the time, but the next day it felt awful. I took about 10 days off training. Then held the focus mitts for my brother, he hooked the pad and I felt a massive pain in my shoulder. I've been resting it for about 4 weeks now with little to no improvement.

The main motion that hurts is to lift it sideways out from my body, especially to hold it there. It doesn't seem to hurt much at all when someone else lifts it up for me so im not sure if that means it's more muscle that joint :confused: . It also hurts to try and touch my right shoulder with my hand.

Just curious as to whether it's worth icing/deep heating it. Or worth using a rehabilitation elastic band and doing some light excercises. It's driving me insane not being able to train. yaaargh! :cry:

2. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

6 weeks :eek:

That is quite a long time.

Everyone will tell you to go to your GP, but IME they are useless on stuff like this. :(
    Dunno, maybe A&E (yes, really)?

It's impossible for people over the internet to tell you what to do in this situation, since it could be a multitude of things that you've done.

It's probably too late for ice now. Don't do anything that makes it hurt.

From personal experience, what you're saying sounds just like a partial dislocation. It feels OK at the time, but the next day it hurts like a bitch. 10 days is not enough time to go straight back into training like that, so it's possible that you've either done it again or you've damaged some ligaments.

Do you have any weakness along with the pain?

The length of time you've had your pain, and what you're saying about it means you really should go to the hospital.

There's a poster here, Gajah, who works in the NHS, he might be the best to advise you on what to do.

3. sean

sean THOR!

There doesn`t seem to be any weakness with the pain. I might try to head down to A and E but they will surely tell me to rest it. It has made improvement, but I think the constant use of the shoulder in everyday things has taken it a while longer.

Training after 10 days must have been a majour set back as the joint hurt alot more than it initially did after that.

I guess it's just a case of sticking out with rest.

Cheers buddy

4. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

I know its the wrong area of the body, but when i did my hip i went to a cardio, he was less than useless.
    Bumped into an old physio buddy of mine the other day, he said one session and he could sort it right out. May be worth looking into.