Ross Enamitt makes me sick

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by philliphall, May 27, 2007.

1. philliphall

philliphall Valued Member

I have been working through Ross Enamit's 'Infinite Intensity' program for a couple of months and, well, I keep throwing up. I thought I was pretty fit, I train and fight Muay Thai, and this is the first thing that has made vomit so often. So . . .

Why is this making me puke when so many HARD training sessions have not before?

and

is training until you vomit two to three times a week a good or a bad thing?

Regards - Phil

p.s.brilliant book though.

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Ross makes me sick too.
    Because he's so much fitter than I am. :p

Hmm... I'd say you really want to take a good look at your diet and just how much or how intense your working out. I can't imagine that vomitting 2-3 times a week is good for you. It's certainly not going to be good for your teeth or for you esophagus. (eg. stomach acid causes problems in those regions re: problems bulemic people deal with).

I use the Ross workouts and I've not had the same problem. I'm wondering if it's not diet perhaps?

3. philliphall

philliphall Valued Member

My diet is pretty good but I do drink FAR to much red wine at the moment.

I tend to be sick during the intense sessions with burpees and weights, two things I am not used to doing. With the hill sprints, bag work and other things I am used to I am fine.

Using his work has demonstrated to me that my upper body strength really is **** poor and my realise that I am not as fit as I was.

Thanks - Phil

4. kenwen

kenwen Valued Member

Hi Phil,

The other option would be to scale the workout down so that its intense but not vomit inducing, then when that isn't as challenging ramp it up?

Or give up red wine - training and drinking very rarely mix!

5. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

His new video on skipping is insane, I've never seen anything like it. Truly unbelievable guy, really nice too.

I would agree with slip that it's not a good thing because being sick is not meant to be done regularly. Tone it down a little.

6. JayKayD

JayKayD Meet my friend PAIN!

Or you could hope that being sick will eventually taper off...

7. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Try lowering the intensity?

I know I have had to lower the intensity of my routine(base don his stuff) just to be able to finish it. Lucky for me, I'm not in good enough shape to be able to push myself so hard I have to puke.

8. taekwonguy

taekwonguy Very Valued Member :)

why not ask him? He trains individuals using that system everyday! If anyone knows, he does!

9. Cuchulain82

Cuchulain82 Custodia Legis

It could be the combination of the exercises you're doing, combined with the intensity. Burpees knock me pretty flat by themselves, but when you couple them with a tough upper body movement, it can be too much. The burpees tell your system to that your legs and core needs the oxygen and energy, and then if you do something like ring pushups or pullups or whatever, it tightens your core. This tells your body that the upper body needs blood, but your heart and stomch can't work because you're contracting the muscles in that area.

A sure fire way for me to feel sick is to do weighted sprints followed by pushups, bench, or dips. If I do more than 2 or 3 rounds for time, I see my lunch. My advice: when your heart is pouding like it's going to pop out of your chest, take an extra rest interval.