Ronda Rousey vs Sarah Kaufman

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Microlamia, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

go kaufman go!

3. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

I'm with Kaufman too. I used to like Rousey but she CRAPS ON EVERYONE. She had a go at Michael Phelps for being an introvert and not wanting to mix in Beijing.

Also, Kaufman is freakishly strong, which I admire, and she likes to wear neon blue, like me. So, yeah...rooting for Kaufman on this one.

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Yeah sadly Rousey has gone the way of many sports stars, fallen in love with what she says and is now just annoying.
    I mean I should like her. She's a great fighter that breaks arms for a living. What's not to like?
    But her media personality (and maybe real personality) makes me favour Kaufman in this one.

5. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

What got me was her giving out to Michael Phelps for not wanting to socialize at the Olympics other than with people he knew well.

She seems to think the entire world should behave a certain way to suit her.

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Haha, I never like Rousey before it was cool, first interview I read from her, and she just talks trash.

7. karl52

karl52 openminded

Im with Rousey on this one through will power and skill

8. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Having just watched the offending interview, you've somewhat misrepresented her.
    I'm gonna go for Rousey via leglock.

9. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Wow, talk about single minded!!!

10. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

11. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

jesus christ...

Sweet game all round. Box into clinch... dominate clinch... combine throw attempts to put opponent on back... mount... mounted armbar. TTFO. Talk about on sided.

Smooth.

12. Knoxy

Knoxy Undisputed and Undefeated

The way she chained all her moves in the clinch was amazing

13. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

totally... that was fracking awesome to watch. Olympic Judoka skills FTW.

14. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

It just confirms the answer to the most common newbie question of 'which martial art should I do'...

Do Judo! :)

15. Herbo

Herbo Valued Member

Perhaps we could get an automated message for new members saying "Welcome to Map! Now go do judo."

16. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I'll propose it in the Mod section! :D

17. icefield

icefield Valued Member

actually i think what it shows is
    become an Olympic level competitior in a sport and then you can destroy your opposition who simply dont have anywhere near your athletic skills lol, Judo isnt dominating Ronda is lol
    i dont think she will meet anyone who can challange her until one of the japanese wrestling teams decides to make a run at MMA then watch out :)

18. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

surprisingly so, I expected much more from Kaufman she's an experienced hand and I thought she'd put up more of a fight.

19. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

Its a shame the top names in Japanese female mma tend to be on the lighter side, there probably the only opposition that can realistically compare with ronda skill wise at this point, unless some new competition starts coming up its hard to see where she goes after a fight with cyborg should she win, which is the likely outcome in my opinion.