Robert Gelinas Who/what is he?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by razorblade, Apr 8, 2006.

1. razorblade

razorblade New Member

2. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

The guy maybe talented and genuine, but whenever I see so many cross culture terms used I immediately start to think something’s dodgy. Sifu’s in Karate styles? Inheritor of the American Karate system of Tang Soo Do, is it Tang Soo Do or Karate, Japanese or Korean? Promoted by Korean Karate masters to a Kempo rank?

What is it with the technique names? I know the American styles of Kenpo use flowery names, but check out the names of techniques in his Judo curriculum. I don’t do Judo but I am familiar with their technical terms and these are not used. They aren’t even translations of the technical terms. The Aikijutsu terms seem dodgy too. Aikijutsu gives the impression it is based on the famous Diato Ryu Aikijutsu, the art that Ueshiba did before developing Aikido, as did the founder of Hakko Ryu Jujutsu, a sensei that Doshin So studied with before starting Shorinji Kempo. None of these arts use terms like he uses, even when factoring in translations.

Not the Soke council again. He seems to be tied up in the Soke council, that’s enough to discredit him on its own.

3. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

"Combat Aikido" :confused: is that an oxymoron?

"Go Ju Chuan" ... hmmm