RIP Bill Paxton

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Van Zandt, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

BBC News report.

Surprised no one started a thread on this, Bill was a superb actor who appeared in some of the most popular films of the 1980s & 90s.

Certainly, he was a staple in many of my favourite films growing up, like Apollo 13, True Lies and Titanic. But there will always be a special place in my heart for his role as Private Hudson in Aliens. Looks like he finally got out of this chicken poop outfit. ;)

Rest easy Bill.

2. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

And brother Morgan Earp in Tombstone.

3. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

A man who managed to be an A list character actor, which clearly speaks to his talent.

4. Agoge

Agoge Valued Member

Rest In Peace, Mr. Braxton and thank you for the many memorable movies!

5. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

RIP Bill. :(

[​IMG]

6. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

I'm always going to remember him as the amusement park owner in "Spy Kids." He was only on the screen for a few minutes, but he was hilarious. The fact that I would remember that tiny roll says something.

Aye, and more recently, Agents of Shield. Clark Gregg blew him into dust, but we don't hold that against Paxton. :cry:

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Those on my FB would know how much I am a fan. Years of non stop quoting him in various films.
    Yesterday I watched Aliens in his honour.

I met Bill Paxton a few years ago at a Comicon and sat in on his Q/A. Super nice guy. He was seated behind a table with a mic, like how most panels are. After a few minutes, he said "I'm too far from you guys, screw this". Took the mic and stood right at the edge by the front row, like it was a standup.

I'll post a youtube vid I shot later.

Miss you Hudson! No one ever got him the slippers :'(

8. MuaythaiGeorge

MuaythaiGeorge New Member

Big Fan here too. Bill was an great actor. RIP Bill and people will enjoy your work for years to come. Wish i had a chance to meet him. Seems like a super chilled out dude.