Right, I'm off

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Hatamoto, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

"Wow, only two weeks?"
    "Crap, it's only a few days."
    "Oh hell it's tomorrow."
    And now it's today.

I hardly post every day but I thought I'd let people know, given I've started a couple of threads recently, that I'm not running away I'm just going on holiday for the week.

Another reason I'm posting about it is to share a proud moment. This is an indescribably HYUGE deal for me. I'm in a car to Bristol, then flying to Amsterdam, meeting a stranger to be taxiid to the hotel, and then... pretty much wing it for a few days.

This time last year I couldn't spend 40 minutes in a car, the idea of flying terrified me, and Amsterdam is just smoking and shagging with more interesting architecture isn't it? But I was invited and I was feeling daring at the time so I said frog it, why not? So off I go. Woot. *insert rather crapscared emoticon here*

2. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

You'll be fine on the travel, and have a great time on the trip. :)

3. Lad_Gorg

Lad_Gorg Valued Member

Welcome to the Netherlands!! Hope you enjoy it.

Just a word for the weary, don't enjoy Amsterdam too much :p
    I can only break the ToS explaining that comment!

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

'Zactly, hop to it little froggy, and enjoy the change of scenery, :D

5. Hatamoto

Just got back. It was... yeah, I'm back now. Hello.

(also I wing chunned a thing in the sex museum coz it surprised me, I'm pretty sure that comes under the "you know you do too much martial arts when.." sort of things :p)

6. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

that place really makes you appreciate how far we've come in terms of...assistive technologies.

7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I'm just going to insert a stiff reminder right *here* to say that we all know where this thread could go. :D

Time to say, "Congrats" to Hatamoto on progress in his journey and leave the rest alone, eh? :)

Mitch

8. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

Mitch, are you saying that a discussion about a sex museum in Amsterdam might lead to some non forum friendly conversation? I don't see how?

But in all seriousness, that trip must have been cool. Post some stuff about it! (Other than the sex museum, as per Mitch's request)

9. Hatamoto

My brother is a terribly photographer or I'd post pictures, most of them came out terribly (tragically this includes me dancing Gangnam style next to some horses and carts. I'd be more upset of the blokes in top hats that ran the rides joined me, but sadly they didn't.)

I must learn capoeira. If I knew capoeira I could have joined in to a group spontaneously and it would have been the highlight of my life. Instead I had to only watch as one of them did a handstand and his phone fell out of his pocket and fell apart :( Poo.

I do have one pic worth sharing though ^.^

[​IMG]

Could have waited till I was somewhere with a landmark in the background or something but I still thought it's a pretty nice place for a little tai chi :)

10. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i see what you did there :evil:

11. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I'd say I know that street, but from memory almost every other street in Amsterdam looks like that.

12. Hatamoto

Pretty much my experience of the place. You can imagine the fun I had trusting my brother to show me around after he'd had a few joints of "amnesia haze" :/ I could have gone with damn near ANYONE else, and felt more safe. But got some cool memories (and pictures) so I can't complain too much :)

Went to the Anne Frank museum as well. I thought it'd just be kinda interesting. I came out of there a wreck. Much more emotional than I imagined and I got seriously claustraphobic once we got up to the annexe, holy hell :|