Rhee's Taekwon-Do - what do you know about it?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Kazama, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValMarchant

ValMarchant Banned Banned

An excellent observation. It\'s a pity you are accused of having \"a chip on your shoulder\" for making it.

2. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

The thread title was "Rhee's Taekwon-Do - what do you know about it?" - I replied exactly to that, ie. what I knew about it! Sorry you (and your friend) dont like it, but there ya go! Others felt it was on-point!

I was refering to knowing about him! Still, I know others that know him well enough - though what does that matter, the post was in reply to an org/group training - not about the man himself!!!

Yup.. knew that .. whats that got to do with anything?

Again, read the title of the thread!!! Its not chinese whispers, the person I refer to trained there for a long time. She left cos of certain stuff, relating to higher level stuff and not standard day to day training, which is what I pointed out in the post. Again, sorry you dont like it, but thats the FACTS, as requested by the OP!

If you see the facts as negative, thats up to you - I just presented them as is/was - another poster comfirmed they were pretty much spot-on, despite your friends disagreement - and now you arrive!

Really!!! Please point me to the part of the post where I made any statement at all to that (untrue) fact!

Ouch!! LOL - feel free to post yours :woo:

Actually, that was concerning him bringing up other people who had nothing to do with the post at all - so again, get ya facts straight!

Just a gift I guess :)

Seriously, its a discussion forum, people are meant to question things - thats the whole point! I'm as open to fair questioning as anyone esle.

'those people'.. you mean you!

And I care what you think because...? The only reason your here is to 'back up' the other poster.. does he really need it?

Okay! Whatever... seems you missed the point of it altogether anyway!!

Stuart

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  3. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

Like I said I my previous reply to you - get your facts right! the 'chip' reference was to do with your buddy bringing up a fellow instructor who wasnt mentioned in the thread, then making comments about him - when he had nothing to do with any part of this thread whatsoever.

So I`m not allowed to say anything (you consider) negative about your beloved org, without a telling off from you, but your buddys allowed to say what he likes about other people and you gee him up for it!

And you say I have double standards... you best go look in a mirror!

Stuart

4. Lynz

Lynz Valued Member

Hmm- shame this has turned into a 'who's better than who battle' - which has been taken way too seriously .It's also a shame that current Rhee TKD practitioners have taken the opportunity to attack other instructors rather than fully explain the benefits of the martial art to a would be student..
    Just my two cents.

5. ValMarchant

More rudeness and arrogance. With regard to Master Rhee wyou claim: \"I know of him well enough\" How? Of the say so of a few disgruntled ex-students? Mmaybe you should ask his thousands of loyal students?

The \"other\" person to whom you refer (Mr Frost of TooGee?) is a partner of sorts of yours is he not? So he flew half way rpound the world, trained with you and never once discussed his his Rhee TKD background?

If you say so.

Also, may I ask why you are not shown as an \"active member\" here when you post? Do you have special dispensation?

6. ValMarchant

He si not my \"buddy\" as you so rudely put it.

7. Lynz

Lynz Valued Member

Sorry - how is 'buddy' rude?

8. ValMarchant

Sorry but the first disrepectful post was by StuartA.

9. Lynz

Lynz Valued Member

From what I read in the posts- the post merely reflected a students' experiences of the club which they subsequently left..... At no point did he say ' I think this was bad.. or at my club we do this as you hear so often .
    Now- if there was a negative connotation to this- surely it would have been better to explain what happens in other Rhee TKD classes - rather than attempt to 'tar' his name by associating him with another instructor you aren't fond of.

10. ValMarchant

I am trying hard to follow what you are saying but must admit to having some difficulty.

11. Lynz

Lynz Valued Member

OK- what I am saying is this...
    In any of the posts - StuartA did not put any personal opinions across. He has written what a student told him of her experiences & another students experiences were of Rhee TKD.... He then reported that both this student & her friend both left the association.
    If you thought the information about the club was incorrect- it would have made both you & the other Rhee tkd poster look so much better if you explained what goes on in your classes- rather than launching a personal attack.

12. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Thank you. This makes very good sense to me. :D

Politics, egos and martial arts never really mix very well. Doesn't matter how good a person thinks they are, humilty is always harder to achieve!

13. ValMarchant

All his comments were quite unnecessary and disrespectful. Furthermore, when castigated his reply was arrogant and rude.

14. ValMarchant

I sincerely hope StuartA reads this and takes note. It could save a lot of discord in the future.

15. Lynz

Lynz Valued Member

There was no need to castigate him in the first place.
    From what I can see.. it was factual until RTKDs reply concerning another Austrailian instructor -- at which point IMO StuartA was perfectly correct to defend since it was obvious that research had been made in an attempt to discredit StuartA . That can only be seen as a public attack.

16. ValMarchant

Well obviously we see the situation differently. There was no personal attack. Would you by any chance be associated with StuartA?

17. Lynz

Lynz Valued Member

I think we do- thats the beauty of forums- differing opinions.
    What was the intention of attempting to create a significant connection be to the other instructor though if it wasn't to discredit him?

18. ValMarchant

You think being connected to him would discredit him? Interesting.

You didn't answer my question about yOur connection to StuartA.

19. Lynz

Lynz Valued Member

No let me make it very clear..

It was RTKD who insinuated that it would be a negative thing for Stuart A to be associated with the named 7th Dan instructor- just so you are completely clear on what I'm saying..
    I have no personal opinions on the instructors you mention.
    why would you assume I have a connection with StuartA ?

20. ValMarchant

I'm not assuming.. that's why I'm asking if you are or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.