revolution DEV kits, cheaper than PSP DEV kits.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by geves, Feb 23, 2006.

1. geves

geves Valued Member

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/690/690730p1.html

basicly what the article says is nintendo revolutions' DEV (devlopment kits).

cost much much less than PSPs DEV kits.

which basicly means that you can expect to see much more developers looking into working on the revolution than the PSP.

that + SONY being reputed to be insanely hard to work for. = nintendo won't have the same lack of 3rd party developers as they had for the gamecube.

of course this is all hypothetical. but nintendo is impressing alot of people with their gameplan this time around. as i read in the latest "game developer" magazine, lots of people are wanting their DEV kits. expect nintendo to do pretty damn well this generation. they'll have alot of immediate 3rd party support.

2. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

Nintendo said pretty much from the start that they were concentrating on making their console easier to develop for rather than having the most terraflops or whatever :rolleyes: I think they should get a lot of third party interest and maybe some smaller time developers will get more of a chance and give us gamers a wider range of games to choose from, which can only be a good thing.

3. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

And yet no matter what, people are still going to buy more PS3s whether the revolution is better or not :rolleyes:

4. Topher

Topher allo!

It's all about street cred :rolleyes:

5. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

It's all about people not having enough sence to know the difference between the consoles. My wife still refers to the xbox as a PS :bang:

6. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Or about the games being better.

7. geves

geves Valued Member

probably so. but sony is GOING to be taking some loses this generation. no doubt about it.

between major developers being more willing (at the moment at least) to support the 360. it's only going to slow people down from buying a PS3. plus with pretty much everyone estimating that the PS3 will launch at $500. the masses will think twice before they put that much money down for a console, when they can play all the big games (hyped) on the 360.

i don't know how SONY snuck in with that playstation. that has to be the best buisness timing in the history of the world.

sony's not that great. the console (PS2) is a piece of malfunctioning crap. it's rumored to be the worst console of all time to develop for, developers do it though because people are willing to support such a horrid company. (yeah this paragraph is only about sony bashing). i've said it a million times, sony is never going to get a dollar from me EVER agian. the PS3 isn't going to see a dime from me. i hope that console bombs (not going to happen but a man can dream :D ) /end anti sony rant

P.S. that movie ultraviolet looks like crap. :D

8. Topher

Topher allo!

Maybe, but Playstation has the "cool" factor. When i was in school N64 was popular but over the last 4/5 years one would brag about the GameCube, dispite it having some great games.

9. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

Personally I can't wait for the Revolution. Part of every major thing i've heard about the revolution is that ideas will prevail over big budgets - this bit of news is a small confirmation of that. Also I would assume develops would have the option of creating older gen games for the revolution because of the virtual console thing??? just a thought.

The thing that has me anxious the most though is the controller, where sony and MS have stayed with the "current" model for a controller - 2 hands, lots of buttons, the idea that the Rev controller will act in 3D space to control aspects of the game you are playing will immerse the player that much more in what they are doing I think. Metriod Prime 3 is going to be awesome with that type of control.. and the plethoa of uses for that control mode will be amazing, combine that with the fact that that controller goes in a 'shell' to mimic the controllers of the other consoles and you've got every game play experiance avaliable now, plus the new ones!

Really though, to me it all comes down to game selection. A new console is going to put a dent in my wallet no matter what, even though i'm sure as usual Nintendo will be the cheaper choice, in the end if I needed an extra $150 because I loved box games I would find it. The thing is though, other than 3 or 4 titles - like Tekken and DOA volleyball (purley for the view ;) lol) I MUCH perfer games like Zelda, Mario and Metroid as my exclusives and the rest of the games I generally play are on every system.