Review: Ross Enamait's Infinite Intensity

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by MikeMartial, Aug 31, 2006.

1. MikeMartial

MikeMartial Lean and Mean

So I recieved a copy of Ross Enamait's Infinite Intensity a few days ago...and I am totally blown away. I had ordered a copy of his Never Gymless about a month or so ago, and was totally impressed. In fact, I really had no intentions of getting Infinite Intensity, because NG was so complete. But damn I'm glad I did get a copy.

Simply speaking, Infinite Intensity is written by a fighter, for any fighter. Every drill, exercise, set and rep has the combat athlete in mind. Not that it wouldn't benefit anyone, but you can tell just by reading that Ross is thinking about the ring, preparing any athlete that would even consider fighting to have the top notch conditioning.

He covers everything from the different types of strength, periodization, set/rep numbers, to the different type of conditioning. This is one area that I was extremely happy with. While Never Gymless did cover conditioning, it never covered it to the extent that Infinite Intensity did.

And if you think you've "seen it all", or you have the best trainer in the world, I can tell you right now you are dead wrong. I swear, there's workout samples in there that make me nauseated just looking at them. I think Pat Miletich and Billy Rush would learn a thing or two. In fact, they probably read both II and NG under their covers with a flashlight at night.

If I had to criticize, it would be on recovery and nutriton---nutrition he covered in NG, and recovery is just an area of mine I'm highly interested in. These are topics that are so vast and broad that even the experts can write single books. Ross didn't touch either in Infinite Intensity, which wasn't a bad idea. He also doesn't cover flexibility, which is usually an issue with kickboxing and any leg-dominant martial arts. This topic has been covered completely by other authors, so once again, Ross has wisely left this out.

Now, while I may be harping on this book, there one thing that really backs it all up. Ross himself. If you haven't seen his videos, hit his website and check them out. That's actually how I found out about Ross---a buddy sent me a video of "some dude skipping like a madman and throwing **** around". He said "Check this out, it has some good ideas". Understatement of the year. This is a guy that practices what he preaches. If Ross competed in the UFC, I bet money Chuck Liddell would fill his drawers.

For those that are unaware, Ross Enamait is a boxer and trainer. He has two websites, Ross Boxing and Ross Training. Both are fairly closely interconnected, with articles and videos linking back and forth. The video section is highly recommended.

By far thee best book I have ever read on strength and conditioning for combat athletes, hands down.

2. flaming

flaming Valued Member

In the latest harcore workout he looks good but the G H raises are with 20lbs, I find these hard with no weight but I thought he would be doing more.