reverse triangle

Discussion in 'MMA' started by faster than you, Apr 23, 2005.

1. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

is the reverse-triangle taught at your club? noone seems to ever use the reverse-triangle in mma so is it a submission that is widely unkown?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  2. MossIsGone84

MossIsGone84 New Member

I'm trying to think of what a reverse triangle would look like... or better yet how anyone could get somebody into a reverse triangle... do u have any pics of this?

3. shootodog

shootodog restless native

yup. reverse traingle is used in mma. have seen a few in paulson's fights. i think a couple of pride fights as well.

4. faster than you

the legs are opposite to the traditional triangle. the submision is a combo. of a choke and a crank, a 'croke', and the pain is caused by pressing down on the head while simultaneously pressing horizontally with the knee touching the side of the opponent's neck. the great thing is that the opponent's arm does not need to be across his body.

5. DaveMustaine

DaveMustaine New Member

Yep. We were taught to apply it if someone defends the triangle by putting both elbows on the ground or behind the trianglers tailbone. Maybe I'm way out of my league on this one, but would the rubber guard be a good setup for it as well?

6. faster than you

i get confused with all of the guard names. whAT's the rubber guard?

7. DaveMustaine

DaveMustaine New Member

not that I know how to use it, I've just heard about it.

www.grapplearts.com/Rubber-Guard-Setup-1.htm

Once he pulls his right leg out from under the dummy's arm it looks to me like he could slap a reverse triangle on. But again, not something I've been taught, just some guesswork.

8. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

A reverse triangle for you :)

Attached Files:

• 15-6.jpg
      15-6.jpg
      File size:
      11.3 KB
      Views:
  9. faster than you

i'm used to calling that the high guard, a guard i often use. the reverse-tri. will work well from that setup.

10. faster than you

this is something other than what i meant.

11. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

Erik Paulson has a brilliant move to get into the reverse triangle as a counter to the opponent going for a kimura.

12. shootodog

shootodog restless native

the other variation is the man sitting on top of the victim.

13. faster than you

i think we are still on a different page. the technique i'm referring to is delivered from the guard; however, it is different than the traditional triangle in that your legs are in an opposite position.

14. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Valued Member

I don't understand ^^^^...can you post a pic?