Revenge on evangelicals!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Strafio, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Strafio

Strafio Trying again...

Meet John Safran. He's an atheist in his own personal beliefs but very liberal when it comes to what other people believe. It's your choice. If you choose to believe in God, Muhummad, Karma, little green men, that's cool - so long as you're not stepping on his toes.

He has a special message for Mormons too.
    Some people will call you guys a weird cult - not him.
    They say it's a perversion of real Christianity - John sees no problem with it. It's as good as guess as any other worldview/faith.
    What does John have a problem with?
    Having his door regularly knocked on in the early hours of his Saturday morning by someone who isn't happy with what he believes. So he decides to educate them and show them how bloody annoying it is! ;)

Enjoy! :)

2. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Ummm Strafio, is everything okay or is your spam effort due to the server problems?

John Safran is a tool. He's been around for ages, he was on some reality show here in Australia and he thought that made him a celebrity.

3. Strafio

Strafio Trying again...

I think I had some connection problems so there might've been some repeated posts.
    There's just no way of knowing if something's been posted when it gets like this.
    (probably due to the server problem)

Anyway, I'm on a quick hunt for my double post.
    I'll have cleaned up in no time! :)

Edit: Yikes! See what you mean!
    Lol! I'm cleaning it all up, I promise! :Angel:

4. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

Did he specificaly target active mormons? I sure hope so :cool:

5. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

"This is inappropriate take us off your list". Love the irony! :D

Personally, I don't have a problem with my local door-to-door evangelists. The ones round my area never come before about 11:00, they're polite and friendly, and they listen to my points rather than shouting over the top when I'm speaking. Consequently, I'm polite and civil back to them, I take their points seriously, and I don't slam doors in their face. They've figured out that by not ****ing off their target audience, they stand a greater chance of being taken seriously.

Now, if only the local door-to-door salesmen would learn the same lesson. :woo:

6. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

I dont get any door-to-door sales or church people .....

yes, its perfectly ok to be insanely jealous of me :p

7. CosmicFish

You'd be jealous of me if I could ever figure out a way to ensure they arrived at exactly the same time. :D

8. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

I never got them when i lived on base fortunately, the check points are heavily guarded by 15 men with pistols and a hummer mounted 50 cal :)

9. Lily

Lily Valued Member

That explains how you turned out this way TG :) (I mean that in a nice way)

10. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

yep, i always could depend on the heavily armed men at the gate to keep me safe from fundys and terrorists!

11. Lily

Lily Valued Member

and keep you safe from girls, don't forget that one!

12. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

Yes women are the most cunning enemy any man will ever face

Most men have no chance againsts them what so ever

13. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

those where easy to find, hell there was a girl in every household in the area!

14. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

True!

Door-to-door evangelists don't visit me. I feel left out. :cry:

15. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

I've had door to door evangelists a few times in Belfast and London which has always suprised me. In North London I had a middle aged woman show me a drawing of a tiger lying with a man and ask me if I would like it to happen. When I asked her to clarify she explained that when God's kingdom is established on earth tigers wont need to eat people anymore so we'll all hang out together peacefully. I agreed that I would like to hang out with tigers who wouldnt eat me and after a few more insanities she gave me a leaflet for her church and popped off. I found the experience surreal.

16. CosmicFish

I think the tigers were probably having her on. ;)

17. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Yeah probably just a couple of teenage tigers trying to lure some unsuspecting London folk down for a quick meal...

"Yeah, yeah don't worry in God's kingdom we don't need to eat meat anymore. Now you just pop down here beside me and have a rest..."

18. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

ironically, this is the reaction atheisim gets in america. door to door or otherwise.