Return of the Weapons

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by wayofthedragon, May 17, 2004.

1. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

weapons of mass destruction that is:D
    It is now reported that WOMD are beging to show up in iraq. containing serion gas....or how ever you pronounce it:confused: anyhoo, last time I heard they had found two, and I'm pertty sure there will probally be more, just thought it's interesting how all this is turning around now.
    Also there are now spectulations on that train crash that happened in north korea or what ever. And it is believed that WOMD or chemicals to make them where being transported and it had a lot to do with syria and North Korea. Anyway, where do you think this will all go next? Do you think they should hit some of the other countries that they know are involved as well? And why arent they?

2. Adam

Adam New Member

Two bombs? That's not a lot. And it's sarin gas, not serion. Sarin gas is a chemical weapon, not a weapon of mass destruction, it can't level cities or infect a population with bubonic plague. Still, it's a step forwards, now they just gotta find out where the rest of the weapons are, because he quite probably HAD them at some point.
    I have a conspiracy theory that either Saddam or somebody responsible for the safeguarding of his chemical weapons have flogged them on the black market to the highest bidder. Otherwise, they would have been used against the invading US forces.

3. jimmytofu

jimmytofu A majority of one

4. Tireces

Tireces New Member

My own personal theory is that he just got rid of them all when it looked the like the US was going to invade. Say what you will of Saddam, but he was a smart guy. Get rid of the weapons Bush is using to justify war, and turn the world against him. There's no proof either way, but that's just what I think happened. As for chemical weapons not having those wretched, inhumane effects, see that last post;s. It's too bad people only now start caring about that problem when it's fuel for saber-rattling at a republican president.

5. La Mancha

La Mancha Valued Member

Adam so chemical weapons are not weapons of mass destruction, that will please thousands of dead from various wars from the first until now, including Vietnam. Also the Kurds will be pleased to know that they were not killed by WOMD.

David

Last edited: Jul 25, 2004
  6. quartermaster

quartermaster Cat-like, stretchy guy

here's news for you.
    "iraq has weapons...an immediate threat....we must act now"

anyone ever notice that (for the point of this argument) America has WMDs and poses a far larger threat, what with the ability to hit the other side of the world within about 10-15 minutes and all that?

sounds like the pot calling the kettle black, if you ask me

7. Omicron

Omicron is around.

But the Americans are the "good guys", so they are allowed to have WMDs.

8. DexterTCN

DexterTCN New Member

I can't believe that there are still people who believe that Saddam had an active WMD program.

Did none of you listen to Hans Blix? Remember him? The guy who said he only needed another 8 weeks at most to investigate WMD claims - but then Blair and Bush said 'no, he is about to attack us right now with nukes, pilotless drones carrying VX'...and so on?

45 minutes from doom?

Saddam was linked with al-Qaida?

Saddam could stay in charge if he hands over his WMD? That one is perfect if you already know he has none, isn't it?

Weren't we the guys selling him the sh** in the first place so he would fight the Iranians...who we were selling arms to, to buy drugs, to fund the contras in south america, to overthrow a democratic government?

Weren't we the ones who got the Taliban together to fight the 'commies'? (Think Rambo 3)

9. Tireces

Tireces New Member

Yep, we were. But should we sit on our hands and watch our mistakes flourish? I don't think so.

10. DexterTCN

DexterTCN New Member

Haven't we killed enough people yet?

Let's arrest the bankers who give the loans to the tyrants to buy our weapons in the first place.

11. quartermaster

quartermaster Cat-like, stretchy guy

good guys? you've got to be kidding. no, america (read "Bush"), are the guys that want to kill sadam, for oil and some other penile insecurity type reasons. Britain (read "Blair") too for that matter.

12. Omicron

Omicron is around.

I was.