Research help needed.

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Artikon, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Artikon

Artikon Advertise here ask me how

Hey folks, I'm doing a little research and could use some help from the university/college students out there. I'm specifically interested in North America schools, but I would also be interested in what other countries are doing as well.

What I am looking for is if universities and colleges are offering course in TKD. I'm not speaking of university/college clubs, but specific course offered through physical education faculties.

If you are going to or have access to university/college course listings I would appreciate if you could look into if your post secondary institue offers courses in TKD. If they do could you please provide the following

1) Post secondary institution
    2) Faculty of course
    3) Course name/number
    4) Course description if available.

Thanks very much.

2. ClumsyFoot

ClumsyFoot ITA - Intnl. TKD Alliance

Do not have any recommendations for you, but am very interested in your findings via public post or PM.

3. Artikon

Thanks, I'll post something publically once I have some more research underway, but unfortunately until then it's a hush hush project. :D

4. removal

removal Valued Member

There was a posting about this on another thread. Can't remember the names, but there is currently an accredited MA course offered by a university in the States and another one in the UK. Perhaps someone from the board can name them. Not sure about other countries, but in Korea, there are plenty of sports colleges offering Taekwondo as a diploma course. Yong-In, Kyung-Hee, Korea, and the Korea National Uni of Physical Education are the top names (each have their own websites which you'll have to find yourself!)

5. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

I think it kickchick may have found a uni TKD course. Give her a PM or search her 'find all threads by kickchick' in her profile.

6. Artikon

Thanks for the leads folks. I appreciate the help.

Removal- I'm aware of the courses in Korea and love to work on my degree there, just wish I could speak the native tongue a little better and it would of been a possibility . . . one day :D

I am also more interested in TKD as a course or class that is accredited by the post secondary institute. A MA course itself would be interesting but do they have anything specific to sport TKD?

Again thanks for the leads. I will be checking them out and looking into them when I have a chance and not so deep into early Canadian Literature and human psychomotor development . . . the joys of being a student.