Reported Posts Function

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Sgt_Major, May 3, 2007.

1. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Due to recent events, I have decided to post a few Do's + Do nots for Reporting posts.

The primary purpose of this post is to highlight the text on the report post page:

Do ...

- Report Spam
    - Report Personal Attacks
    - Report Abuse
    - Report Innapropriate content

Do Not ...

- Report posts that disagree with you
    - Use the function to give orders to Moderators
    - Use the function to tell Moderators how to do their jobs
    - Report posts just because you dont like them, or the poster
    - Use the function to complain about posts being left when your's were removed
    - Complain if your request is not carried through - ALL reports are assessed, but not all are actioned on

Repeat offenders breaking the Do Nots in this post will be warned, and if that warning is not heeded, I will hand out Temp Bans.

Sarge

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  2. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Sometimes it's tough to know how to write something to the MODS so that they don't get the idea that we are modding/ordering mods/etc. Often I avoid reporting bad posts because I hate getting PMs from mods saying "you aren't a mod - mind your own business" or "don't tell us our job".

Perhaps some "samples" of the kind of writing you'd like to see would be good. Or, maybe a set of choices we could check. It would be nice to have an easy way to report posts without chancing offending the Mod Team (who do a very nice job for no pay and no recognition - Thanks!)

3. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

I actually agree with this. Having a multiple choice option when reporting a post would limit the 'Do Nots' a lot. If it's do-able I think it could be an idea.

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I'll have a look and see if we can do that.

I'll be honest, chances are it won't be soon due to workload :( We might be able to get a short term workaround though come to think of it.

We don't want to put anyone off reporting posts because they're critical to the smooth running of MAP, we can't have eyes and ears everywhere, so we rely on these. Some of the stuff we've seen coming through of late is a bit frustrating to be on the receiving end of though.

5. Sgt_Major

Examples (imo)

is much better instead of:

Another example:

not

Like saz says, this is not meant to put people off reporting posts, but as Saz says there are a lot of "Commands" coming in of late. Often its not what you say, but how you say it....

If in doubt, you can always pm the TM for that area :D

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I object! I was not drunk.. :eek:

7. Sgt_Major

8. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Crikey, so you would say THAT when you are sober then???? :eek:

9. Sgt_Major

she's a filthy welshie

10. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Something else to add to this as well.

Reporting a post sends out a report that all the mods can see and act on if needed.

It doesn't mean that because a post is reported, it will be deleted or someone warning. It just means we will look at it and decide if the post actually does break the TOS. In the past we've had people say "I reported stuff and you ignored it". We do check every single report, but have to decide based on that if it's something we need to act upon or not.

11. Victoria

Hey watch it with that 'welshie' :p :yeleyes: :D

12. Sgt_Major

you're a filthy welshie too! :Angel:

All the welshie girls are filthy :p

Thanks for that note Saz, I've added it to the initial post.

13. Victoria

:eek:

That's it, you've had it now boyo

14. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Cmon V, lets give him a Ely style beatdown!

15. Sgt_Major

Bring it on welshies :p

16. Victoria

Crush him with breeze blocks, cut off his family jewels then set fire to him?

:eek:

17. Sgt_Major

pfffft!

Do something that might at least annoy me.... I've let my mrs do worse than that for "fun" ;) ;)

18. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Let me see if I can summarize this: Stop being a whiny little pain in the backside and grow a pair. Is that about right? ;)

19. Victoria

What, worse than cutting off your family jewels?????

That baby must be a miracle in that case ;)

20. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I'm going to report this thread.....................bwahahahahahahaha! :ban: :Aegis: :Angel: :p