Reiki?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by jewel_of_buddha, Jan 18, 2006.

1. jewel_of_buddha

jewel_of_buddha Valued Member

Are there any Reiki Masters here, or anyone who has ever tried Reiki? Im going to get my first attunement soon and wanted to hear about other peoples opinions & experiences. :love:

2. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Oh where is member reikislapper?

Lisa is our resident reiki master here.

I'm sure she can answer any questions you may have! :)

3. jonmonk

jonmonk New Member

I did reiki 1 & 2 but haven't used it much.

4. jewel_of_buddha

jewel_of_buddha Valued Member

I have never experienced Reiki before but am curious. Im not sure what to believe until I feel it for myself. I have a friend who is a high voltage healer and she's offering to attune me for free as a friend. So I'll post an update when I get my first attunments. She is attuned to Reiki 1-3, Karuna, Lightarian Reiki 1-6, and lightarian angel link 1-5. Thats alot of Reiki :p But she said once she was attuned to the higher reiki levels is when she really started to experienceing some deep healing and higher energies. Im looking forward to experienceing its effects, and I hope that there is something to it. My mind is open.

5. galenmode

galenmode New Member

I was thinking about learning some reiki too. I've never done it before, but I've had it done to me, I think its a very powerfull healing tool.

6. =control freak=

=control freak= Valued Member

Yeah, I was interested in this also. But when I had a brief search for data on it, I found the information very general and non-specific. I'd like to find out more about it's muscle healing qualities.

7. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

Here I am lol,

Thanks for the having the confidence in my ability KickChick, hugs to you lol,
    If you have any questions then ask away.
    lisa xx

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Do you need a voltage converter when you travel abroad? :D

9. fugepilot

fugepilot New Member

Have you slipped slip? DC shouldn't require conversion. :D

10. =control freak=

=control freak= Valued Member

Yeah, could you explain in laymans terms how Reiki works?

11. Kea

Kea New Member

I have a question, what is Reiki? I've read bits of posts here in the healing department of MAP and I've seen it on other websites and around the www, but I'm still clueless. Is it something to do with chakras and meditation? Magnetic frequency attuning or is it more spiritual? I really have no idea.

12. S.I.D

S.I.D Valued Member

Hi, i have done Reiki 1st degree, i had done it when i was 15 abt 6 yrs back, it was gr8 experience. i done the 2 day course with 1 of my friend i even remember there is a session on 2nd day in which we give reiki to each other in that we (receiver) allmost went to sleep due to hi degree of relaxation :) . I had completed my 21 days practise but now i dont practise it nemore.
    In reiki its like the more u practise the more powerfull the flow of reiki becomes, even now i feel like activating it again, This q is for reikislapper; so do i need to do that 21 days practise again or will normal self healing would increase my flow slowy again ?

Now i practise other Meditation forms, recently i did Bhramma-Vidya, dont go with name it has nothing to do with god and magic its just Pranayam (breathing) and will power exercises similar to Yoga pranayam but doesnt include any aasan(posturs) and its effect is 3 times faster then yoga.

13. LongShot

LongShot New Member

I did 2 reiki treatments but i cant say it helped me... although the person who did reiki on me also had another ability... i am not sure how far the reiki ability started or ended but couldnt tell if it did anything...

From what i understand Reiki is the adjustment of balance in one's body... But i would like ot know if all reki teachers or who practice can see a persons aurea and energy fileds?

14. reikislapper

HI there,
    For starters anyone can see auras if you know how, I'll let you into a secret lol :rolleyes: .
    The best way is to get a friend to stand in front of a plain wall (white or cream background is best) and get them to stand there for a few mins. When you have your friend in front of you then try and get eye contact but just off and keep looking until you see a black outline around the person involved (this is the first colour you see and then you start to see the rest of the colours in time when you practice lots). When you start to see the black around your friend then just wait and you might see the rest of the colours of the auric field. You can even change the colour to anything you choose, I've been tested in this way many time and got a 100% result rate upto yet so there is something in it.
    Just try and see for yourself, if you have any problems in this area then just ask away or send me a pm.
    lisa xx

15. reikislapper

I can only speak for myself here, so here goes.

When using reiki, the only thing you will get is reiki and nothing else as you can't mix anything with it.
    I do use crystals in my work but it's only to aid healing in a certain area if it's needed as they are great in many ways.
    Any questions them let me know.
    lisa xx

16. ember

ember Valued Member

I wouldn't agree with that. My mentor was a Reiki level 3, master-teacher. Several other people we worked with had varying levels of reiki attunements too. Anyway, we did some experimenting around and mixed reiki with several other things quite successfully.

Music was an especially good one. Somebody had a Tibetan singing bowl, that was really cool.

17. reikislapper

I have to agree with you on that one as I've also used a tibetan singing bowl as well and it really works for the good on most people ( you do get a funny look from the client when you suggest using it in the first place lol).
    As I understand it the vibrations from the bowl can mostly help with all the chakra's at the same time so you don't have to spend as much time in repairing the blockages as you would if you worked without it.

What I was meaning was that I'm a pagan and I don't mix the reiki with spellworking as you would get a conflict in the energies as one is stronger than the other and you always need the balance between the two. If your doing reiki then it should be just reiki as your not giving the client any respect, as they deserve the very best you can do. It's ok to use crystals, pendalums and the other stuff as long as your doing what you've been taught to do and not mix the rest as you could also damage the person receiving the treatment. There are so many people who mess around with stuff and don't really understand what they are doing, this is why you have to be very careful of what sort of person your going to see in the first place. I'm really pleased I had a very good teacher at the very start and if I need that little bit of a confidence thing I know I can still get in touch with him any time I need it. I still have plenty of contact with him as he's going to be a willing practice partner for me with the course I'm doing at the moment, it's great fun but I'll tell you more when the time is right about that one lol. This is another course through college as it's the only really good way to learn as you get the full benefit from the proper channels and not through con artists who seem to think that they are teachers when they don't have the right teaching in the first place.
    lisa xx :Angel:

18. ember

ember Valued Member

I suppose it depends on what you're calling spellworking. I think respecting the client is an important point, there's a lot of people out there who wouldn't appreciate getting anything other than reiki, and who may even find that borderline.

We didn't tend to do a lot in the way of "spells", but we did mix reiki in with our circles quite successfully. The flavors may have been a little different, but energy is energy.

Another very good point. I hope it's obvious that I trust my mentor. For the most part, that was a good group of people. It's been a bit harder since we moved.