Reel Big Fish

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by PsiCop, Jun 15, 2005.

1. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

I've recently started listening to them and I really like them. It's all happy music, so you feel good listening to it. :) Does anyone else here listen to them?

2. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

I though this thread was about a big fish that you caught, judging by the name anyway.

and no, never even heard of em

3. Peter Bradbury

Peter Bradbury Valued Member

Yup i like em, and have seen them live twice :D all happy music, up untill the new album which isnt so happy. But its still growing on me.

4. Falcore

Falcore almost acceptable

OMG.
    I have been a fish fan since 97.
    Got all the albums.
    Seen them 3 times (which, considering I live in Bris Australia is about as many times as I could possibly see them.
    Met Aaron after a gig.
    In all I am a huge fan.
    I prefer their older stuff, mainly because it is a little more on the ska punk side. Today they are very much leanin towards straight pop rock with a small ska edge (although they still pop out they occasional reggae song).
    They were rated the best live band of 2004 by Rolling Stone.
    They do some of the best covers around, particularly 80s new wave stuff.
    Their cover of the Pixies Gigantic is a fave, but most people know them for their Take On Me version.
    My fave album is Turn The Radio Off, but they are better known for their follow up, Why Do They Rock So Hard?
    The older stuff, Keep Your Reciept and Everything Sucks is only worth getting if you are a dedicated fan. They include a lot of songs that are done again (and better) on later albums.
    Cheer Up wasn't well recieved, but it is probably my second fave album, the later songs and the specials are awesome.

Enjoy, get stuck in. If you ever get to see them live, they are great. They tend to do a lot of live collaboration with the band they tour with, so what you see on stage is really indescribable, and can't be reproduced in the studio.

5. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

That's interesting. Cool to see that some others like them.

.... You thought I caught a fish? :D

6. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

I have every disc they've put out and I've seen them numerous times in concert. I totally agree with you about the type of music. No song is serious, so it's always fun to listen to. It's the kind of music you put on when you're having a good day and you just want to smile some more.