Red Belt Test Done!

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by MarioBro, Oct 30, 2004.

1. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

Yay...another test out of the way (red belt test). It went from 5:30 pm to midnight (for all testers (testees?...sounds really wrong :confused: ) to finish). All went well, though it took a few tries to successfully break five 1" boards (12x10) with a palm strike down (no spacers, thats cheating). I really need to work on that (any good advice welcome as well). My flying side kick break went great.

Anyone else find testing to so much more difficult than a normal class the higher your belt?

I find that even though I warm up and stretch before the test, I end up sitting so long to wait for the lower belts tests to complete (4 hours this time) that by the time I test, I feel listless and have to drag my butt (I don't show it, but I sure feel it). And my back gets so sore sitting there properly with legs crossed.

But I digress....I guess the more pain and suffering during the test, all the better feeling when it is done, and I receive my new belt. 'No pain, no gain' still stands true.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  2. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

congratulations :) well done :)

3. Dr.Syn

Dr.Syn Valued Member

Red Belt Test Done

Outstanding!!!!

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Very well done! :)

5. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Red belt test done

Way to go bro !!!!!!! :D
    I hate sitting around waiting for the other grades to test as well, but I guess this is part and parcel of gradings

6. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

Thank you very much!

And don't get me wrong...I thoroughly enjoy watching all of the lower grades test...the white and yellow belts were quite impressive overall this test. You can really see the difference when a yellow belts father is a second degree black belt...amazing!

7. Kentsui

Kentsui Valued Member

Congrats Mario!

8. ninjas-r-us

ninjas-r-us I sit under your tea

DUDE SWEET i can only dream of being a red belt one day :cry: lol good job but my tests take only a few minuets maby 10 at most and i hear of all these red and black belt tests lasting hours and i go "holy ****"

9. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Glad to hear it went well Mario! Luigi must have been so proud.:p

10. jasonservis

jasonservis Avid crosstrainer

cool dude :woo:

11. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

Congratulations :D

12. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

Well done and keep it up :)

13. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

Hehe....Luigi, bah, I kicked his butt! :D

Thanks all for the positive comments...such nice people here.