Recent Rape Poll In The Uk?

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by Grizzlygrime, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I don't mean this facetiously, but I've never raped a woman. So I'm only speculating here, but I'm pretty certain that there would be a huge difference between a woman saying 'no' as part of some kind of role play and a woman saying 'no' because she doesn't want to be raped. I'm guessing that things like screaming and crying would make it obvious that she wasn't playing a game.

2. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

I thought they wouldn't let you in due to a tatto of a sword with blood on it on your back??

*Edit thought that was what you'd said*

Last edited: Nov 21, 2005
  3. WingChun Lawyer

WingChun Lawyer Modesty forbids more.

Provide the number of the case and the names. I believe you are lying. I doubt such a case would even be brought into court, much less result in a conviction.

4. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

what I've actually said is a woman has the right to say no even in the grips of a guy ejaculating and if he doesn't stop then it's classed as rape as she has said no at the time. If the guy doesn't stop then he's actually raping her as she has clearly told him to stop but he isn't listening.
    lisa xx

5. Playful Giant

Playful Giant Banned Banned

Woah, woah. Now I'm leading people into traps. My apologies. That is not acceptable by any means. The guy should be punished still. My point was taht he shoud be getting a lesser sentence than the stalker

As stated yes. There have been several cases of umprotected sex where the girl didn't want to risk pregnancy even though she consented beforehand.
    The guy ended up with a life sentence

I work in the Criminal Justice Unit for the MPS. I am not allowed to give case papers, names as that would breach data protection. Do some Google searches - you will find them. I wouldn't bother making it up. I don't have to post on here

6. Playful Giant

I was advised by one of the Sergeants here that I would not get in if I applied, but I didn't want to.

Hope that helps

7. Lord Spooky

and I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say we are thankful that you do :rolleyes:

8. Playful Giant

Really? Well I feel very loved.

I'm going to jump off a bridge. Bye

9. WingChun Lawyer

Sorry, I don´t believe you. Everywhere in the world court cases are available in public record, that´s how the justice system works. Names may be witheld, but that is it. I still believe you are making this up.

A life sentence for ejaculating without consent? Please.

10. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

... you failed to mention that this poll was put to 1,000 adults who were mostly male!

What do I think?

Clearly this poll (and many of the replies I see here) exhibit the public ignorance of the problem of rape and the obvious sexist blame culture that exists in the UK !!! ....not to mention the need to tackle problem of the high incidence of rape, and such low conviction rates !

This poll should act as a wake-up call ... 80,000 women are being raped in the UK each year and this number is getting larger ...

Truely sad that rapists were convicted in only 5.8 percent of these reported cases last year ....

Nobody asks to be raped!

11. Lord Spooky

I'm sure there's some good ones going over the M6

:D :D

12. Lord Spooky

Exactly someone should tell Playful Giant that!

:bang: :bang:

13. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

I'm sorry but this is a load of crap. You can go and read cases in a library. Yes, even rape cases.

14. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

Notice how I actually provided citations to back up my points. ;)

15. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Its common for the defense to try to make it appear that the woman consented and then changed her mind, even if this is not the case. Lacking evidence to the contrary it is her word against his and hence the 5.6% conviction rate for this type of crime.

Also note:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4296433.stm

16. WingChun Lawyer

My point exactly. And you provided citations..."tum ta ra tum"...of rape cases.

Imagine what would happen if people actually went to jail for ejaculating without consent. There would be no space in prisons.

And before anyone asks, I deny everything. EVERYTHING! :Angel:

17. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

And no overpopulation. ;)

18. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

If "intercourse" is defined in the UK as in the US, it is defined as "penetration however slight". You stick part of the tip in against her will, you've got rape. The law doesn't make exceptions for bungling idiots who can't sucessfully perform full penetration on a resisting victim.

EDIT: Since WCL replied, let us not forget Brasil!!!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2005
  19. WingChun Lawyer

Same here.

20. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Correct. Playful Giant - why make stuff up when you don't really know what you're talking about?