Recent breakup.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Combatant, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

I dont normally visit this section of MAP but thought this might be a good time. Me and my girl of 10months broke up about a month back and I am having trouble ajusting to single life. I'm getting quite bored and not really got much of a passion for life anymore. I have always lived by the philosophy that life is full of troughs and peaks but i've been low for a little too long now. Have any of you got any words of wisdom that you can give me to help pick me up? Jokes will also be appreciated as well as quotes and phrases. :)

Thanks

Andy

2. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Hmm phrases :confused: How's about this. "Get a life"! It sounds harsh I know but sometimes you have to be told straight. Get out and about and start living again. If you wallow in your own self-pitty you'll turn around one day and wonder where all your friends went. When it's time to meet someone else it'll happen when it's meant to happen. You have no chance if you shut yourself away though.

3. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I was gonna post this in 'quote & proverbs'
    -so here you go.

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"

you may want to peruse the 'where is the love' thread
    I'm sure you'll find it entertaining - perhaps a smidgen of wisdom thrown in too.
    Meanwhile here's another quote

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." - Gilda Radner

4. fugepilot

fugepilot New Member

Hard luck, Combatant. :cry:

Plenty more fish..... :D

When last heart broken, I found the only time I didn't hurt was when practising the form: as I my mind was focused elsewhere. :)

Your young, you've got time, you will be fine! :Angel:

5. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Spend all your time training. I'm in the dumps too. I just go to work, go to practice, go home and run and train, got to bed, rinse and repeat! It keeps my head on straight all the time.

6. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Well you're only one month into being single so it's not surprising that you've not adjusted yet. My worst ever break up took me nearly a year to get over, but that was pretty exceptional. You really have just got to hang in there and keep reminding yourself that eventually you'll get over it, and as you do so will your enthusiasm come back.

Hope things pick up for you soon.

7. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Drink more.
    Think less.

Never fails.

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Kinda what Aikiwolf says.

Go out and spend time with your mates. Another one will come along soon.

I met my new and improved torturer 4 months after I broke up with the last heart ripping demon of Clive Barker's mental hell-spawn machinations.

During those 4 months..........well lets just say 'Shroom' hads me some fun.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  9. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Re-visit the Martial Arts Babe thread and start from page 1 ;)

That should re-light your fire...so to speak :D

10. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Yes, yes and yes... also play more video games... bully people... drink, drink, drink... make a mess of things... drink some more... cause a rawkus with your mates... in otherwords entertain yourself..

11. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Was your girlfriend:

Wealthy?

Attractive?

Bisexual?

Good in the sack?

There are thousands of women out there that meet one or more of these specifications. So, what are you waiting for? :D ;) (Ohh, I'm gonna catch some flak for that one.)

The loss of any relationship can be a catalyst for depression. Focus on the new opportunities for relationships rather then the loss of old ones.

12. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Sweet, that's almost enough inspiration to start dating again. When I'm going through a breakup, I generally don't want to date. I don't mind hanging out with some good-looking females, but for the love of god, I don't even want to think about having a girlfriend right now hehe.

13. Legless_Marine

Legless_Marine Banned Banned

Adivce:

-Keep active with your pursuits. It will take your mind off of things, and when you look back, you will see it as time well spent. The name of the game is to pass time while time heals you.

-Embrace your pain, and love it, for it is the path to you being reborn as a stronger, wiser, person. If you try to avoid it, you will not benefit from it.
    It is a very, very, very hard workout for the soul.

14. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Usually it helps if you just dust yourself off and get right back on the horse again. :D

Use the change as catalyst to go new places. Take a trip... find a girl from a different country. It'll help you learn a new language, find a new culture and help you to realize there is a massive world out there that is waiting for you to come and check it out.

It soooooooooo easy to be come ultra localized. Get out, take a trip, try new stuff.... in short grow new neuro transmitters and synapses!

In a very short amount of time you'll be glad you did and you won't be stumbling forward while looking back!

Best of luck you mate!

15. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

No no no.

Look, just follow my advice, that way you will finally realise how good you'll have it, you see their will come a point where you are lying in a gutter, staring up at the stars and thinking that you've hit rock bottom. The nyou realise you haven't had a pizza yet and there's a beetle crawling over the back of you'r hand...

From their it's pretty much all up hill, eventually you end up getting up early to call in sick so you have extra time to play on the PS2, then you finally know you are fit again for human company.

16. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

Best advice I can give is, try getting your passion up again. If its MA's, set yourself a target, find yourself a club and simply go for it. Okay, my last break-up is a year old now but thats how I faced that one. I simply took the opportunity to head to a dojo and start karate.

By the way, instantly dating again isn't always a good idea. It depends from person to person and sometimes its better to "find yourself again", meaning take time out just by yourself and be single. Because if you do end up on a date it can be that your baggage from your last relationship will still influence the new one.

Heads up ! Keep positive, you'll get out of this again soon. :)

Christian

17. MDN

MDN Banned Banned

Just get back on that bike again. Power is given, control is taken. Take control.

18. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Anytime I read about someone being down over getting dumped I just want to scream. Love sucks, theres too many men and women out there to be worried about getting dumped. Who wants to be with someone who doesn't want them anymore? Not me? Not most people I suspect. Get on with life, date if you want to, treat the nice women nice and the bitchy women like, well you know.....

19. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

OMG, I never expected so many responses in such a short space of time. To be honest I wholeheartedly agree with every single post here. Its been really good to get perspective from people that are older and wiser and even a younger perspective. There is loads here to think about and I am already thinking about applying myself harder to my training and possibly taking a decent road trip in the near future with a bunch of mates. Thankyou all for your responses there is indeed a lot of wisdom on this forum. :)

20. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Blimey, it was only 10 months, get a grip!!