Recent attempt at making FMA video

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Diego_Vega, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Diego_Vega

Diego_Vega Frustrated pacifist

Hello,

this is a new FMA video that my senior students and I recently did.

Enjoy.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87rRURnObFk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87rRURnObFk[/ame]

2. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Very cool! have to state the obvious looks like a FMA version of Star wars with the lightsaber effects.

3. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

Hot dang, looks like a serious project is in the works.. I would rank this 5 out of 5 stars

4. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Didn't like the lightsaber FX one bit. I found they distracted me from what I was supposed to look at. And honestly, quite garish.

5. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Was hoping for actual lightsaber effects... Was disappointed.

6. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I stole Dan's expression as I had no idea what to call them! :)

7. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

Motion blur?

8. Diego_Vega

Now that you mention it, my student is taking one of our videos and turning it into a light sabre fight. It has to be done frame by frame and is quite labour intensive.

This video was intended to show off the editing software that was used to edit it. Thus the coloured blurs with the stick movements. I can see how it might be distracting. Personally, I think the blurs help the average person see the stick movements more easily. Hopefully many will be able to get beyond the graphics and focus instead on FMA movements and skill of the participants.

9. Diego_Vega

Thank you Kuntaoer. It was a big project for us. 4 cameras on various pods, a GoPro, mikes, lots and lots of lights and lots of people confined in a relatively small confined space on a hot Saturday afternoon. And when I say hot, I mean tropical summer hot. We filmed for many hours and will hopefully have enough material to make more videos.

10. AikidoOndrej

AikidoOndrej New Member

I liked the effects :) Never seen that wrapup with the cloth before..

11. shootodog

shootodog restless native

I hope to see more videos from this group.

12. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

While it was a bit messy on the double stick, for the single stick I found it helped to see the line of travel.