Reasons why the Karate Kid remake will SUCK!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Van Zandt, Dec 25, 2009.

1. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

They have to cash in on the previous title

2. oldyonkyu

oldyonkyu Valued Member

Waiting for the remake of the remake of a remake of Robin Hood.

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Just waiting for the news that Jaden Smith is playing Anakin and Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars remakes. Written, produced and directed by Will Smith.

4. oldyonkyu

oldyonkyu Valued Member

Coming this fall to a theater near you.......Rocky.....starring Jaden Smith...and Don't miss "The Godfather" .....staring Jaden Smith.........

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Jaden Smith is just straight up nepotism. I can't stand that because there's already enough nepotism and favouritsm in life. It's a bit like the boss's nephew stealing oxygen at a conference table while someone who actually worked hard all their life ends up left by the sidelines. I'm not saying he's the worst child actor, but he's certainly no better than the 1,000 other child actors who have more talent than him. Any one of those would have been better suited to this role, but no, Hollywood plays family favourites again. So we're stuck with this arrogant little schmuck with his goddamned annoying hair and smug grin.

[​IMG]

6. Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith Tustom Cuser Uitle

SACRILEGE! NEVER! :bang:

7. Topher

Topher allo!

I get the impression a new internet meme is developing...

The "Starring Jaden Smith" meme!

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Jaden Smith and Will Smith are set to "star" in Amulet, another film conveniently produced by their father. :bang:

9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

You know, if my dad were in any position to further my career, you bet your backside I'd be accepting his help.

I'm just saying.

10. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I just finished watching it online. It was ok. It would've been a lot better if Jaden could act. The ending was very craptastic as well.

11. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Took the kids hours ago to see it.

It was like the Original in many aspects

The kids seem to like it.

12. tkd GU

tkd GU Valued Member

You people are too close-minded/stubborn. It's a kids' movie that's supposed to be inspiring. Although it is a remake which makes it not surprising at all that a lot of people have low expectations for it. I saw the movie and liked it(but then again I like pretty much any movie I can stay awake through ie: not SWAT), however, you can never quite beat the original. There's not really much good to come from expecting too much or too little from the cinema.

13. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Yes, but you and your father are not Hollywood douchebags.

14. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Just saw it.... yup it sucked!

powchoy

15. tkd GU

tkd GU Valued Member

You're entitled to your opinion, but you must remember that you are not part of the intended audience. The year is 2010, and the producers probably had 7-14 yr olds in mind when they set out to make this film. Don't act so surprised that a lot of adults think it's a silly movie.

16. ColaMike

ColaMike Valued Member

I saw it with my girlfriend. We both liked it. It wasn't a great movie, but wasn't as bad as I though it'd be.

17. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I don't think the movie is bad. I think Jaden Smith and his douche of a father are bad.

18. edudley

edudley Valued Member

It's great thing that it's just your opinion; my daughter loved it and to me, that's all that matters.

19. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Commies.

20. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I don't get the vitriol. What makes them douchebags? That Will Smith has managed to parlay a music career (that I'm sure he worked very hard at) into a film career (that I'm sure he works very hard at)? Or that he wants to see (and help) his children succeed?

I mean, yeah, you dislike the movie, you dislike the movie. That's the chance that any creative artist takes by putting their work out there. But I admire Smith enormously for 1) taking control of his career, 2) looking out for his family, and 3) not carrying on like a complete tool in the process. Dude seems pretty down to Earth, considering.

Does that mean I like everything he's done? Nah. Men in Black 2 was awful. I'd like to have seen a more faithful adaptation of I Am Legend. And so on. But do I think that there's something wrong with the man, based on his career moves or his involvement in his sons' careers? Hells no.

Honestly, if you think Will Smith is a douche, the rest of Hollywood must be the Devil's Cowpat.

Stuart