Reasons why the Karate Kid remake will SUCK!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Van Zandt, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

It stars Jaden Smith.

Post your reasons below. Anyone who says it will be awesome will be shot.

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

it is a karate kid remake

3. liero

liero Valued Member

No Mr Miagi

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

It's for a new generation. Life goes on dude.

5. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

no it doesn't

these youngsters today have no respect for culture

:D :D :D

6. Moi

Shut-up Granddad or we'll put you in a home!

7. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Cos they'll modernise it! It'll be all 'log on, log off, log on, log off'

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

It's too "hip hop." The main character's name is Dre for chrissakes :bang:

9. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

It will suck because it's a remake.

Guess the Hollywood geniuses are all out of ideas or they realize they can't top the classics so they'll turn them to crap so the new movies don't look so bad by comparison.

modernized = crap

10. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Since I started watching alot of fighting (UFC, K1, some sanshou, No Gi Grappling) filmed stuff just isn't the same.

The last martial arts movie I got excited about was Ong Bak. I still think thats one of the best ever made, and the follow up is nowhere near as good. Ong Bak was gritty, watching that last fight seen was almost like watching a real, and awesome, fight!

Anyways, no idea where I'm going with this, I've got chocolate/cake/turkey poisoning I think! I'm not too bothered about this remake.

11. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Bill Wallace not starring as Mr. Miyagi...

12. Topher

Topher allo!

It's entirely unnecessary. Worst criticism a film can get!

13. pmosiun

pmosiun Valued Member

LOL.

14. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Theres no Karate in it.

15. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

i get hollywood remaking classics cause they ran out of ideas and its a sort of tradition.

but naming the film "Karate Kid" instead Kung Fu or Wushu Kid when the film takes place in China and has them doing CMA is ignorant as hell and like a

slap in the face to Chinese, Japanese, & Okinawans...........im wondering if Jackie Chan even tried to say something to the producers ( Jayden's parents) about the title of the movie.

16. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Didn't they change the title to Kung fu Kid? I heard they had. I was waiting to sue them for stealing my student film title from college! If it's not true then my reason why this movie will suck is that if i can't sue them this film becomes completely useless!

17. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Amen to that. At least Wallace did Karate.

Personally, I think Will Smith is full of <expletive>. He said it would pay homage to the original series but not go so far as to use the same title. I shall be boycotting all of his future productions henceforth. This movie is actually bugging the hell out of me. Smith (Sr.) is ripping off a classic just because he wants his scrawny kid to be the next action star. And you just know there will be sequels :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

18. kenpokidd

kenpokidd Valued Member

You can't mess with a classic like this one! You can however remake part three and four if you like and re-title them while you're at it. I seem to have read somewhere that Ralph Maccio (The Karate Kid) is not too happy about the re-make either. This is one of my all-time favorites and one of those films that turned me onto Martial Arts at an early age. I for one would not like to see it's image corrupted by an updated "urban" version! Call me crazY but I feel the same way about the 80's cult classic "The last dragon" remake supposedly in the works.

19. Moi

Stop showing your ages Mappers. Give it a chance for future generations to be inspired.

20. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Right... I can just see it now. Dojo enrollments triple thanks to this mini 50 Cent wannabe and his 'gun fu'. :rolleyes: