Reasonable force?

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Putrid, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

This incident happened close to where I live.The four attackers,all Somali females,were given suspended prison sentences of six months each.They were spared custodial sentences due to the "excessive force" used by the victims boyfriend whilst attempting to defend her.Also,in mitigation,it was taken into account that they were all Muslims and not used to drinking.Going on the footage they hardly look like devout Muslims so why that was taken into account I don't know.

Personally I feel that her boyfriend didn't use enough force.If he had been more robust she might not have received life changing injuries.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGzhdIBtR4A&feature=related"]Somali Girl Gang Stomps White Girl Senseless. - YouTube[/ame]

2. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I fail to see why not being used to drinking should mitigate in favour of someone who gets drunk and commits an offense.

3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Man...not wishing to play the race card but four white girls beating up a Somali would surely have resulted in some jail time?
    Four women start beating on my missus and I wouldn't be happy until all four were flat out.

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

yeah I saw this earlier as well... I'd have loved to have used that excuse when I was a kid. Sorry judge... haven't freebased embalming fluid all that much so when I was wacked out on it I flipped out, jacked a car, robbed a liquor store and stabbed my old lady in the neck... No worries son... your first time... obviously not used to the high life... 30 days in county.... suspended for time already served.

Pffftt... So in that country how does one go about getting this decision reviewed or changed or reversed or can it be? Can the victim take it to court as a civil matter?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  5. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Yes, because we have two seperate legal systems in this country, one for whites and one for blacks.[/BNP rant]:rolleyes:

I'm sure no-one would disagree with that sentiment.

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Also...how come the treatment they received from the boyfriend was even taken into account by the judge?
    If I kill someone but their partner beats the crap out of me do I get less jail time?

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

That's not what I'm saying. But I have a feeling if the races were switched there'd have been differing outcomes all round.

8. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Why? Do you seriously believe that whites get treated more harshly than non-whites by the legal system in this country? Because if you do then I'd be interested to see what you base it on.

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I think in this case the religion and ethnicity of those involved was taken into account by the judge. I think that if it was four white women screaming "kill the paki bitch", beating up a muslim and kicking her in the head when on the ground there'd have been more of a punishment.
    I don't have any firm evidence for that per se but merely formed from a perception of how I've seen similar racially motivated crimes punished in the past.

As an aside I'd be in favour categorising the situation where multiple people are stomping a downed victim as attempted murder.

10. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Do you think that 4 white girls kicking a black girl in the head whilst lobbing the N word at her would have been given the benefit of the doubt in so far as it being a racially motivated attack?

That said, this [the sentence] has nothing to do with race and a lot to do with a Justice system that isn't doing enough to keep violent people off the street.

I haven't seen the video yet, but I hope that when the judge refers to the boyfriend's actions he means that he messed them up, old skool.

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I would hope that they wouldn't, just as I would have hoped that these four thugs had got a heavy sentance.

The judge in this case was an idiot, as far as I can see. But to suggest that the justice system as a whole is anti-white is laughable. Only the BNP would make idiotic claims like that.

12. holyheadjch

No, it's not anti-white, but the race card is a lot easier to throw one way than it is the other.

13. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I think you need to provide some examples of people getting lenient treatment by playing the 'race card', because frankly it all sounds very anecdotal and very Daily Mail to me.

Edit: just off out to beat up some white bitches, so will respond to any replies when I get back.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  14. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

I agree.It seems to be a decision made by a politically correct judge.Some judges who sit in that court would have sent them down for five years regardless of race or religion.

Thanks to his wishy washy sentencing we have now got another EDL demonstration in February.Perhaps this judge could be invoiced for the cost of policing it.

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Ah yes...no I wasn't trying to suggest that. Just that when race comes into it it's more likely to go this way than the other.
    It's not often I use the phrase but it does seem like political correctness gone mad.

16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Erm...how about this very example? Does that count (even though I know "Muslim" isn't a race)?
    I've googled to try to find some examples of white people beating up non-whites while using racial language but generally just end up finding this story.

17. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Just to move off the sensitive race issue for a moment I think it would be very interesting to see a statistical breakdown of sentences handed out.

For example, as a motorcyclist my perception is that the sentences handed down to motorcyclists for speeding offences are much harsher than those given to car drivers. Similarly it is my impression that the sentences given to car drivers who kill or injure motorcyclists are much more lenient than those given to motorcyclists in similar situations.

I don't know if statistical breakdowns of magistrate sentencing is available, or indeed if such analysis is conducted routinely by any Govt agency in order to detect any elements of bias. It would clearly be extremely difficult to benchmark due to many variables, but surely it's not impossible?

Mitch

18. holyheadjch

I've looked but I can find any stats at the X on Y level of granularity.

I don't think it is unintuitive that an ethnic minority would be more likely than an indigenous person to be considered a victim of a hate crime.

19. Putrid

Putrid Moved on

Check out the Charlene Downes case in Blackpool.She was groomed by the owners of Mr Beanz,one of whom was a Jordanian Muslim.Her body has never been found but the police believe she ended up in kebabs.A senior police officer has admitted that political correctness was the reason for the lackluster investigation that led to her possible killers walking free from court.

Now imagine what would have happened if a Muslim girl had been groomed and ended up in burgers.The police would have moved heaven and earth to find the culprits.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/may/30/ukcrime.childprotection

Another case is that of Ross Parker in Peterborough who was murdered by Pakistani thugs.Whilst they were all sent down for life the media coverage was very poor,apart from in papers such as the Daily Mail.I should imagine that if Parker had been black the BBC would have gone into overkill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Ross_Parker

Decisions like the one made by this judge breed racism.Instead of taking their religion into account he should have looked at what was standing in front of him.They were four nasty little tarts who couldn't handle their drink and drugs.

20. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Defence lawyers will use anything to mitigate their clients actions. Rightly or wrongly we would all probably want that type of "Chewbacca defense" if it was one of our family in the dock though...Their job is to present the best case and in today's society we tend to lean towards the easier side of things.

In this case the defense of "Oh well, they did *technically* attack her but look they already had a good hiding..." is similar to stunts they try to pull on me when I have arrested someone.

Now in this case the big factor would have been the lack of record of the girls involved. This , coupled with the lack of enduring injury to the victim makes custodial unlikely

The boyfriend when very light IMO - i know for a fact I would have done worse. The crown should have pushed harder