Real Life Fight

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Demain, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

In fairness Demian you can't expect others to share things with you when you aren't willing to elaborate on the experiences you've mentioned you've had.

Many people won't see real life violence as a badge of honour to be waved around a forum for the sake of pride etc, they might be willing to help others out if they think they are genuine in their desire to learn but so far you've done little to show that.

Drop the attitude and we might get somewhere with the thread, as it is you are simply coming off as a wind up merchant and not a very good one at that.

2. shootodog

shootodog restless native

even if he loses the attitude, i doubt many will see fighting as something to be proud of. in the real world, you fight because you have failed in avoiding it, preventing it or use reason/ verbal judo/ de-escalation. that is something that i doubt many would be proud of.

when i think about the ones i have been in, i scratch my head and say: "what the hell was i thinking?"

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  3. Dean Winchester

Damian,

What is your definition of a "real fight".

Yes I know we can go down the path of arguing semantics here but it'll be helpful to know your point of view.

4. Demain

Demain Valued Member

I tried sharing my own experiences and they deleted my post.
    I am not bashing anyone. They are trying to assume everything and bash me.

5. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

i doubt any Mods deleted your post, i think rather you didnt post properly.
    try posting again and see if that works :)

6. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Which post was this?

As for "not bashing anyone", I think if you review some of the comments said to others on MAP you might see things our way.

7. Dean Winchester

The problem is you present yourself in a certain manner on this forum and that manner dictates, to a degree, how people respond to you and how seriously they take you.

The content of your posts and the way they are written don't do you any favours.

8. masterPain

masterPain Valued Member

As for the OP, not much. I learned that controlling an obnoxious drunk is, at best, annoying.

9. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

To underscore what Dean Winchester has just said...

Demain - Are you as socially inept in reality as you've shown yourself to be on this forum in the short time you've been a member??!
    If so... then it might explain why you've been involved in so many fights. Who would suffer your lame attitude even over a cup of coffee? Most of the planet would serve up one latte with a side of knuckle sandwich. No one over the age of 12 acts like such an ignoramus when basic questions are put to them about the things they've said. Grow up.

If you worked half as hard at just being amiable on the forum as you do at puffing up your chest and givin' it the 'I am t3h d34d733 RAWRR!!!!' then you might find your interactions here a whole lot smoother and lead to fruitful conversations and conjecture instead of the trainwrecks all your posts have been so far. To date... because of your own posts and your posting style... you come off as little more than a kid with his moms keyboard givin' it the large. Ease back... put your ego in your back pocket and be a bit more perceptive... otherwise you don't have a leg to stand on when people don't take you seriously.

Right now on the forum you are batting a big fat zero in terms of credibility and in terms of the ability to communicate with others. Keep on this tact and I've not doubt you won't last long here.

Slip

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

There was this one time.
    I was down at the playground a few years back. Relaxing and chilling basically. Me and my mates we playing basketball when I accidentally hit a local hard-nut with the ball. I was trying to be flash and missed the basket.
    They rushed over and grabbed me.
    I can't remember the fight too well but at one point I was spun right around and dumped on the floor. The guys were really big and, even though I'm fairly tall myself, I couldn't match their stength.
    I managed to escape without being seriously hurt but my Mum was so concerned about how rough my local neighbourhood was I ended up moving across the country to live with my aunt and uncle.
    I haven't really had many fights since as my aunt and uncle live in a much nicer place.

11. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

This is a princely story .....

Bel Air in its candid appraisal of self

and refreshing too

Smurf

12. shootodog

shootodog restless native

this must be back in the early 90s? ;)

now you work for alien immigration wearing a black suit?

13. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

The Fresh Prince of York! :D

14. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

This thread might be a wreck between a train full of monkeys and a train full of poo, but I'm going to give a serious reply the the OP's question.

No, I'm not going to list all the fights I've been in or describe any one of them in detail. I'm just going to say that the one thing I've learned above all others is that fights are untidy and unpredictable and generally bear no resmblance to the fights that you have seen on TV or in films. And that is probably the main things that the OP needs to know: they're not like on TV.

15. hardball

hardball Valued Member

Real Fights

It usually starts with some sort of verbal confrontation. The verbal assault escalates then wham you are hit with a sucker punch.

Even your black belt or years of training won't save you from a good street fighter's sucker punch.

16. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Avoiding being in a position where you can get sucker-punched is always a Good Thing. Which is why 'years of training' will probably touch on the idea of not setting yourself up to get sucker-punched. Funnily enough.

17. hardball

hardball Valued Member

A lot of sucker punches happen in places like the Basketball court. Your training won't prepare you from some Bloke getting angry with you during a pick up game.

18. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Good point. Maybe that's what happened to PASmith, before he got sent to live with his Aunty and Uncle in York.

19. monkeywrench

monkeywrench Valued Member

How many ice blocks did you break?

This is important.

20. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I give this troll another week before he self-destructs or 2 days if Kuma is motivated enough to waste him