Real Exorcism Audio Recording

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by PsiCop, Aug 18, 2005.

1. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

This is an audio recording from a real exorcism that took place in Russia a little over a year ago. The "thing" making all the moans, roars and screams is a woman, supposedly possessed by a demon. You hear a man's voice echoed by the church's walls. He is the exorcist saying the exorcism rite.

Make of it what you will. You either believe it's real or not. To each his own. My personal thought is that it's real, and I personally find it quite scary. Let me know your thoughts.

Note: Some of the content of this audio recording, although in Russian, is very disturbing. If you're sensitive to such matters, I recommend you don't listen to it.

http://paranormal.about.com/library/media/audio/russian_exorcism.wma

2. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Those "moans and growns" sound EXACTLY like an electic guitar with a high level of distorition being played with a violin bow. :rolleyes:

3. Topher

Topher allo!

Well i downloaded it, but will wait till tomorrow to listen to it - i about to go to bed :eek: :D

4. PsiCop

Lol, interesting point. Find me an example of an electric guitar doing that very thing, and I'll heed it.

5. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Led Zeppelin DVD (the one with the desert box), Disk one: Dazed And Confused.

Thats the best example I can think of at the moment. I dont personally own a bow, or I would record an example for yah :D

6. PsiCop

Lol, I'll see about checking that out. That still doesn't explain all the other sounds. I can understand that explanation for the noises at the beginning. However, in the middle and end, there clearly are noises that could NOT be caused by a guitar. Someone has mentioned that there could simply be heavy distortion and electronic tampering to get the vibrations to be sympathetic.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2005
  7. TM77

TM77 Valued Member

That is creepy sounding. I don't think that screaming is a guitar at all...sounds like someone, or perhaps some thing :yeleyes:
    But seriously, I'm a firm believer in demonic possession, so I won't say it's fake. But I've still no way of knowing if it's real either. All of the sounds I heard could have been produced in a recording studio and believe it or not, I've heard recordings similar to that from dark ambient artists.

8. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Actually, the noises at the beginning sound the least like the guitar/bow combo :p

Yeah, and not so much that. Its just "how" its played. You wont make sounds like that just by running a bow along an electric guitar. Youve gotta have some idea of what youre doing.

EDIT: Listining again, I can hear the distinct tube amp after sounds :D

Last edited: Aug 18, 2005
  9. PsiCop

I too am a firm believer in demonic possession. However, as a logical thinker, I also realise that not everything out there is real, especially on the internet.

10. Topher

Topher allo!

Was alright i guess :D

I have an open mind but dont really have an opinion on it.

11. PsiCop

Yes, it's still good to hear these things. I have yet to find actual footage of a deep possession.

There's different levels to possession, let's say on a scale of 1-10. Let's say 1 is being completely free of demonic influence, 5 is being oppressed (demon "messing" with you, but not possessing fully), 7 is when people lose control of themselves. At 7, people can convulse, shake, or have erratically violent behavior. At 9 and 10, which is extremely rare (maybe 1 in 50 "possession" cases), demons can gain full control of the victim's body. The victim will commonly display traits such as supernatural strength, knowledge in languages not familiar to them, and a drastic change in voice. I've heard rumors of levitation and supernatural powers (like throwing things from thin air).

The only video evidence I've been able to conjure in my many hours of exploration into the subject has been limited to about a "7" on my little possession scale. There are written and oral accounts by exorcists of possessions far worse, into the 9-10 range, but I've yet to find any video evidence. Assuming this audio recording is real, I would put it at about a 9.

12. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

That exorcist didn't sound to enthusiastic. It also standed like he was standing way on the other side of the room from that demon/guitar.

Also, while the clip may be creepy if you picture a woman being tied down and screaming Exorcist style, it's just awesome and hilarious if you picture a guy with long hair wailing on a guitar while priests surround him chanting.

13. Cain

Cain New Member

I will only listen to that if someone confirms there's no vommiting in it like in "The exorcist" :D

|Cain|

14. PsiCop

Lol, I didn't hear any vomiting sounds.

15. Vanir

Vanir lost my sidhe

From a Turkish news site:
    From the russian newspaper Pravda:
    From wikipedia:
    Background on alleged "jewish blood rituals"
    And of course the more sane reality:
    It should be clear to any reasonable mind that exorcism is at its most peaceful intention, criminally negligent behavior at best, however due to the nature of exorcisms includes frequently battery, torture, assault, unlawful imprisonment and any number of other intentionally criminal acts.
    Whether you want to believe in fairies and dragons, and that's just fine, it is criminal.

16. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

LMAO... look under it before you step in.

17. PsiCop

The Catholic Church presents many guidelines against those very practices. Usually, all exorcisms are done legally. Now, if some extremist Orthodox Churches in Russia want to go too far, that's their problem. The vast majority of all exorcisms are mild, at best.

Many exorcisms are performed in Mexico and Russia. Those two countries are allegedly ripe with posession. Not to say that it doesn't happen everywhere. It just tends to happen more in areas where occult practices are taking place.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  18. Vanir

Vanir lost my sidhe

The ceremony itself would fall under criminal negligence in US law and breach in duty of care in Commonwealth law. Unlawful imprisonment is also a trademark feature, as part of an unlawful arrest (ie. any time a person is prevented by another to freedom of movement or the prevention of a lawful activity by another).

Perhaps you mean they aren't prosecuted to the full extent of the law due to the frequent failure of most victims of this form of abuse to assist, taking it into the realm of sado-masochism for "spiritual" rather than sexual gratification.

But where minors are concerned death and serious injury are frequently enough the result to be a serious and genuine social concern. Assault, being the presumption of immediate injury is also a typical feature of exorcisms. Torture is also a common practise.

This is an archaic and unlawful practise synonymous with human sacrifice in the time of Abraham. That was let go for a new set of social values, and mediaeval ones have been superceded by ours. Get with it, don't wallow in the past.

"Spiritual crimes" such as demonic possession and occult practise are not crimes of law, they are not crimes of scripture, they are superstitions, once institutional, now just insane.

Also, exorcisms are never legal when performed upon a minor or a person in one's care.

19. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

I'm really sorry to say this to you as your a believer of all of this trash but there is no way a person can be possessed. They can be oppressed but not possessed, I do know of someone who says they have this kind of ministry and he lives in West yorkshire in the UK. He does go around demon hunting and looks for them in everyone, he'd have a shock if he saw me now cos he really doesn't like witches lol. I used to know him when I used to go to church a long time ago and it was he who introduced me to a book about Smith wigglesworth, he was one of the folk who had been involved in this so called ministry lol. The guy had been around my friend when he was just a small kid and helped him to move forward with teaching him young lol.
    I do feel for you with the fact of something which isn't real as it's only someone who's made a recording of some chanting from a church and someone doing a bit of screaming. There are people who go into that sort of thing and see demons where there isn't any and they call it deliverence, I pity what they are meant to believe as we all have a choice and it's just a shame when they wise up, they feel so foolish to believe all that twaddle in the first place.
    lisa xx

20. PsiCop

Reiki, we're all entitled to our opinions. However, I don't think we should bash what others believe as "trash" and then ridicule them. Not once have I said those things about others' beliefs. Now, am I saying 100% that the audio recording is real? No, I'm not. I'm saying it could easily have been made with a computer. However, whether the recording's real or not doesn't affect my belief of demons as a whole.

I'd appreciate it if you were a little less aggressive next time with your opinions.