re niinpo and bjj

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Dead_pool, Mar 30, 2015.

1. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Side note: the schools of jūjutsu PR mentioned have nothing to do with ninja. The Shinden Fudo Ryu was part of Bartitsu, if I recall correctly, which is interesting.

2. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

Did you purposefully not read the bolded part? You don't have to get it, no surprise either. You have to have an open mind and know where and how to train in order to learn ninjutsu to any deep level. Most people inside the art don't even achieve this, so it comes as no surprise that someone outside the art would be equally clueless.

3. Please reality

The point is you made a statement based on your ignorance of both what is in the ryu and what things practitioners of the ryu might or might not know. So, since you couldn't possibly know what any particular practitioner of ninjutsu knows about ground fighting, you shouldn't make such sweeping claims.

You want to see some, come to Japan and roll with one of the Shihan. Life doesn't happen on video, sorry.:jawdrop:

4. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

This would be the evasion skills you get taught in Japan, right?

I'd be happy to challenge a master, but I know exactly how it would go.

Me: "Let's roll"
    Them: "Our techniques are too dangerous to go full power, so let's just do some drills instead"
    Me: "No, seriously, let's go"
    Them: "It's for your own protection that I must refuse"

5. holyheadjch

You're awesome dude. You are hitting all of the reasons why Ninjutsu is considered role play.

Go to Youtube, search for Metamoris, then watch some life happen on video.

6. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

There was/is more than one SFR, the one included in Bartitsu is not the same as the Takamatsuden school(s)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  7. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Come to Japan guys! The water is just fine!

Personally and I'm sure ice field shares my opinion:
    If I ever go to Japan, it would be rolling the dice/a leap of faith (gambling my time and money considering how I wouldn't be able to be there for log cos I have a job etc to get back to) by going to a ninjutsu class that might be absolutely terrible (but anonymous Internet guys who can't produce a single decent video of it applied under pressure say it great so who knows.)
    Why do that when there is such MA training in literally everything else there.

8. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

Can i ask a stupid question, feel free to give me an e-slap in the wrist or whatver if this has been covered.

But if Ninjutsu has a good ground game, why arent they tearing it up in MMA scenes like the UFC. Surely most of it is legal? I mean the other systems that have ground games ( BJJ, Sambo , some types of wrestling) all have guys who have trained in there respective arts in there.

Or are their a load of ninjas in MMA that are doing well that I simply dont know about?

9. holyheadjch

If the UFC comes to Japan and trains with the masters, only then, will the UFC learn the true deadliness of ninjutsu.

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Scott Morris?
    Steve Jennum won a UFC!!!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

And in the interest of fairness, Steve Jennum (both RBWI i belive :) )

12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Hah....edited at the same time. :)

13. Hannibal

Steve Jennum beat Harold "coming on, come on" Howard in UFC 3 as an alternate. He then beat pro boxer Melton Bowen

He was then demolished by Tank Abbott and Marco Ruas

14. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

steve jennums wiki page says nothing about ninjutsu, and anyway he has 5 fights total and 2 wins, so not really a legend.

And morris only had 3 mma fights. Nor really a good sample to be honest.

15. Hannibal

As I said, both were RBWI - so technically even the ninjutsu crowd would disown them :)

16. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v17QgHHZsVA"]BBD Ground Fighting Course - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot03pdZl9gE"]Soke Masaaki Hatsumi Ninja Newaza (Ground Fighting) - YouTube[/ame]

Which one was worse?

17. holyheadjch

That Hatsumi video is some of the most ridiculous groundwork I have ever seen. I'm not surprised PR didn't want to post any videos of it.

18. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

That's because Hatsumi hasn't been to train in Japan with the Shihan that really have the good stuff. Wait...oh.....

19. Hannibal

No, it's because the videos are done wrong on purpose to stop people killing each other and the REAL teaching is only done face to face....basics guys, basics!!!!

20. Please reality

Oh dear...

Why don't people learn to listen?:dunno:

Hatsumi sensei has been "playing" for the last couple decades, people have been making cults and creating dynasties off his back and he has been laughing all the way to the bank. The real arts aren't being taught in public for the most part and aren't on video. If you really want to see or learn them, you come to Japan. Otherwise you remain out of touch, unbelieving, or wishing you could but can't get it. That's just the way it is. There are people in this organization who could take you out without you ever realizing what was happening, but they are few and far between. If you need to be convinced, or need to see a video, have your hand held, or any other such nonsense, you will never be entrusted with anything of value in these arts. Sorry if people can't understand or deal with it, that's just the facts.