Re-introducing MAP Affiliates!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Anth, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Hi all,

As part of a total overhaul of our Support MAP area, I'd like to announce the relaunching of our MAP Affiliates.

Though the section is still in it's infancy, we have a range of affiliates from Red Lizard and Amazon to UFC Store and even EA Games!

As a small percentage from every sale through MAP Affiliates is paid to us, your new gi or video game will help to make Martial Arts Planet even more awesome.

So, if you want to help the site while doing your MA shopping, check the Affiliates area!

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I just want to add that if you use these affiliate links, it costs you nothing but it helps us keep the site going. As MAP gets bigger and bigger, we face rising server costs if we want to make the site run smoothly, and we have fairly few possible sources for revenue at the moment. As you can see by the percentages on some of these links, we could very easily find ourselves able to upgrade our hardware quite a bit without anyone needing to donate money to the site directly.

If some of the clubs from the site start using the affiliate links for equipment purchases, or if individuals start using the Amazon/EA links coming up to Christmas, we should be able to implement a few upgrades to the server to improve some of the load times we've all been seeing lately.

This is the first of a few things that we've come up with to see if we can improve MAP's financial status, so stay tuned for a few more interesting developments! :D

3. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Great stuff Admin-peeps. Liking the new additions :cool:

4. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

I walked passed Red Lizard last Tuesday and their premises were for sale? Maybe they have moved or something, but that surprises me the name is still going.

5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

For those UK MAP'ers who use supplements (whey protein etc), we now have an affiliate link with Holland & Barrett.

MAP earns 15% commission on every sale through the site :)

6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I have to ask, who modelled the clothes?

7. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Attention MMA fans! We are now affiliated with MMAUniverse.com!

MAP earns up to 15% commission on all sales through our affiliate link which can be found on the MAP Affiliates page linked from every MAP page.

Christmas is coming up, so why not use the MAP Affiliate links when doing your online Christmas shopping to give MAP a gift too? :)

8. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

So many new affiliates today that I can't even remember them all off the top of my head! Check out the affiliates page before doing any online shopping, as you can help your forum out for no additional cost!

9. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

We're also affiliated with Sky.com who'll give us [highlight]up to £85[/highlight] (ie enough to keep the site running for a month) for each contract taken out and with Vodafone who are nice enough to send up to £45 per contract our way :D

10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

We've been at it again and have a whole host of new affiliates :D

For Brits we have Adobe Software for all your Photoshopping requirements and, to do our bit for the environment (laugh, I did :p), we have Mazuma Mobile who will recycle your old mobile phone for you and give you a healthy payment in return.

For those on the wrong side of the Atlantic we have even more new affiliates!

You too get Adobe but you also get Corel Software, Buy.com, TheNerds.net, DVD Planet and Books A Million.

Check out our Affiliates area for the links!

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

This one may be ironic after a spell of downtime like we've just had but our latest affiliate is vBulletin. We get a massive 20% commission for each license sold through our link!

12. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Got paid today, so rest assured I will be using the MAP affiliate links to buy "friends" (me) lots of neat martial arts goodies in time for Xmas.

Great work, keep it up! :)

13. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Good man! If you buy anything from IWOOT, send Aegis a PM with the order number so he can make sure we get the cash through :)

14. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Time to bump this thread again I reckon. You're probably aware at how bad the server is getting now. Saz and I are trying to fix it and remove the junk but its increasingly looking like we need a new server :(

Please please please use the affiliates wherever possible. Anything we get through the affiliates will be going into the new server fund (instead of "Saz & Anth's alcohol" fund ;)) so the more you spend the sooner you can skive on MAP better :)p).

Remember the Supporting Memberships linked in the header and my sig too ;)

Cheers folks :)