Rape defense: Faking a seizure????

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by Microlamia, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

do it the old fashioned way. crack his head open and eat his brain :p

zombie judo! (hey, their arms are already in the correct position)

2. Metal_Kitty

Metal_Kitty Valued Member

Amazing what can happen to a perfectly sensible thread overnight!

On another note...here's a zombie judo demonstration :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2010
  3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Well if we're going to make a party of it

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbJr0FXbL_4&feature=youtube_gdata"]YouTube- Australian Nibble Nobbys Nuts Commercial 1990[/ame]

4. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

It stopped me getting laid this weekend :jester:

5. Moi

I'm not going to ask

6. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

Good choice :)

7. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

The list of these idiotic deterent myths increases!!

The only way to deter a rapist is to make yourself appear less of a victim.

Rape is a violent act based on domination and control. A rapist, whether known to you or not, will look for qualities in the person and/or environment that will make this focus easy. If the qualities are not present they will search for ways to manipulate the environment to make it easier eg isolation, alcohol, drugs, weapons or sudden extreme violence.

If someone is willing to go to these lengths do really think what ever condition you may or may not have will put them off?

If you are going to fight, make sure you give it absolutely everything then run like hell to the nearest source of help.

8. Moi

Do you have evidence for this?

9. asher987

asher987 Valued Member

The idea behind faking a seizure is not to put the attacker off because you have a condition, but putting them off because you are behaving unpredictably. This may give you a window of opportunity to take the attacker by surprise and either disable them or escape.

10. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Well, it MIGHT work .... or it might give the rapist a fetish...

11. Moi

I've been thinking that. I can just imagine a rapist walking away thinking to himself "that was the best one yet"

12. Sgt_Major

easiest too.... she didnt even have the strength to fight back....

13. Moi

No officer he didn't have a knife, just a strobe light. Makes you worry about Buzz Lightyear

14. Sgt_Major

LOL!

Dynamo from The Running Man = serial rapist :D

15. Moi

I caused a seizure once with a lad. Horrible to think it was my fault. Couldn't believe the power a body has when convulsing

16. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I did the same thing to a mate of mine. Completely by accident, but I still felt really bad about it.

17. Moi

I didn't know the guy but he seem interested in the bottle of poppers my wife and I were sharing. Curiosity killed the cat so to speak

18. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

If I was ever in that situation (god forbid) the last thing I would ever consider doing is voluntarily putting myself on the ground.

There's too many variables to recommend this as a valid tecniquie for rape defence. Yes they may freak out and run off, but they may also decide to wait a few minutes for the "seziure" to finish and the physical exhaustion that always follows a fit to arrive.

19. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

It strikes me that the process of faking a seizure would put you in a very vulnerable position, which makes it a very risky strategy. (I'm assuming that faking a seizure would involve writhing around on the ground.)

20. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

Only my experience with working with them for nearly 5 years.