Random training rant

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Artikon, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Artikon

Artikon Advertise here ask me how

Don't you just hate it when you're training, doing things you've done hundreds if not thousands of times before . . . and you feel like you have two left feet.

Welcome to my training today. Doing basic techniques, simple sparring drills and sparring, and simply not being able to put everything together to form a clean combination, hit, movement, or anything. Felt like a duck today trying to keep up with everyone else . . . I also felt like a heavy bag (in my case light bag) from how many times I got kicked. You think after getting hit once while sparring I might clue in to how they did it and watch for it a second time . . . but really I got hit with the exact same thing 3 times in a row. GRRR!!!!!! :bang:

Oh well tomorrows another day . . . and I feel better now :rolleyes:

And rant over

2. AdidasWarrior

AdidasWarrior New Member

Art,

Keep at it! You will grow from your training mistakes, and it makes you want to train harder. If you hit the nail on the head perfectly everytime, it might cause you to think "oh, I can slack off a bit and take a break." We all need these little ego checks sometimes. Hey, at least you weren't at a tournament with hundreds of people watching like I did last weekend! It's really frustrating, but if it were easy, everyone would do it.

3. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

I get this all the time, especially if I am tired. :bang: I know, I am not supposed to train when I am tired, :rolleyes: but that would mean that I would never train.

4. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

We all have our bad days ... some more than others!

There are times when we are not 100% there for whatever reason and our performance reflects it whether we get our butts handed to us in sparring, fail to nail a break we've done a zillion times before... or even fail to remember our white belt form!!

Clearly the stars and planets were in misalignment for you ... :D ;)

5. Artikon

Artikon Advertise here ask me how

That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!!! :D

6. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

It's worked for me all these years! :Angel:

7. Xue Fang

Xue Fang Bluebelt

Yeah, I've had a couple of lessons like this. Still no luck in figuring out what was wrong with me. Fortunately, this only happens very rarely. Most of my lessons are very good.

What can I say? It happens. You'll get off days every once in a while. But I know the feeling. Sucks, doesn't it? It makes me feel really useless and helpless and a burden.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  8. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Valued Member

Off days suck, but then on those rare days that everything just goes perfect, they are priceless. They seem to balance each other out.

So take the bad with the good and just keep on training.

9. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

exactly :)

any change in training Artikon?

10. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

You're not alone Artikon
    I've had so many off days its unbelievable. Everything from forgetting Won Hyo in a competition , breaking my jaw in a comp , taking 3 attempts to break a board in a demo etc etc :bang:
    I say to myself i'm not going to let that happen again and try and train harder to improve :D

11. Xue Fang

Xue Fang Bluebelt

Yes!!! Today I had exactly this thing in my class just an hour ago, and it was not nice! I feel really pathetic and undeserving and like I should resign now.

Accursed off-days!!! :mad: :woo: :bang: