Random food thoughts

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Alansmurf, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Custard .....hot or cold ?

2. Alansmurf

Baked beans ...hot or cold ?

3. Alansmurf

Pizza ( next day ) ...hot or cold ?

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

The answer is cold if you're a teenager raiding the fridge.

Hot is you have become a responsible adult.

5. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

How do you end up with pizza leftover? I have never experienced that, one of us must be eating it wrong.

6. FunnyBadger

And if your a responsible adult raiding the fridge? Lukewarm?

7. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

you have to buy more than you need, which you should always do. pizza leftovers are amazing. my favorite breakfast is to fry an egg over-easy to put on left-over pizza (hot or cold).

8. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

1. Depends on what you're having it with
    2. Hot (I mean seriously, what's wrong with you?)
    3. Cold

9. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

1) Hot. Always hot. If it could set fire to the sun, it's not hot enough.
    2) Hot if they're regular beans (what kind of monster would have them cold?!), either if they're cheesy beans. Cheesy beans are love. Cheesy beans are life.
    3) Cold. Always cold. Pizza always tastes better cold.

10. FunnyBadger

I have tried that I assure you, the problem is that I'm incredibly greedy and will always eat it all. Honestly the ammount of pizza I can eat disgusts me, there is a reason why pizza is listed as an interest in my about me page.

11. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Cold custard with hot (sweet) pies.

Hot beans only. Especially with cheesy buttery jacket.

Leftover pizza....about 10 seconds in the microwave.

12. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Custard - Cold in Trifle, Hot on Apple Crumble.
    Beans - Both, as I usually (impatiently) scoop a couple of spoonfuls in my mouth, as I am transferring it to the pan to cook.
    Pizza - Room temperature is fine, but I wouldn't go any colder.

Travess

13. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

I don't know about that. I still love leftover cold pizza for breakfast. :p

Baked beans are fine either way.

Custard -- that's a trick question. Quiche has to be hot, but the filling in a donut or a tart has to be cold.

14. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I prefer quiche cold, and most English people wouldn't consider it custard (and it's certainly not made in the same way). To understand the question you need to understand custard as a sauce.

15. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

What is this madness?

Custard. Cold. With hot or cold pie, or crumble, or in a tart.

Baked Beans. Hot. But never, ever, as part of a fry up breakfast. Cold baked beans are only acceptable in ORP.

Pizza. Hot. Cold pizza is for students.

Quiche. Only cold quiche is acceptable.

16. LemonSloth

1) ORP?

2) You monster. Baked beans with a fry up is the perfect time. It would be like having omelette without toast and either brown sauce or ketchup (missing the magic).

I'm going to add one. Cheeseburgers. Hot or cold.

Personally I prefer either (if it is homemade) piping hot so it melts your tongue straight out of the oven or (in the case of cheeseburgers from a takeaway) stone cold having sat there overnight in the box it came in with extra burger sauce and gerkhins.

Delicious :).

17. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Heathen! Hot Cheeseburger! or at least lukewarm. Otherwise you're left with a cold rubbery meat mince.

======
    Curry : Hot or Mild?

18. John Titchen

ORP - ration pack.

You have toast with an omelette? What heresy is this? You have brown sauce or tomato ketchup with these things? Shudder. Sauces are the main reason I won't have BB with a fry up - they belong firmly with lunches and evening meals. :) A properly cooked breakfast would have its flavours masked and ruined by a sauce.

Cheeseburgers - depends on the burger thickness and quality. No-one likes a cold dry burger, even if swamped with sauce.

19. LemonSloth

Which is why you only do it with burgers from the local takeaway, I don't think anyone accuses them of using actual meat in those :p.

Lukewarm burgers though...shameful. *shakes head in disgust*.

Again, curry for me falls into the "hot enough to set fire to the sun" category.

Indeed! A bacon omelette with toast and sauce is to food what ambrosia is to the gods. You have not lived until you've had a triple decker bacon omelette with ketchup.

Ironically a good fry up is the one time I won't have any sauce except beans. Beans are not meant to be served with an evening meal unless served as a poutine, in a cheese panini or with fish fingers and chips. Anything else is the work of heathens. :)

20. John Titchen

Baked beans are for toast or in a bowl as a form of soup. Lunchtime meal or early evening meal if eating light before training. :D