Rampage vs Evans: UFC 114

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by cloudz, May 28, 2010.

1. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Allright!

This is going to be smokin'. I'm a big Rampage fan, such a great character.. Evans is a cool guy, but I would love to see Rampage stop him. What a build up.. What you reckon guys, is it going to be a good event :)

2. Deathsun12

Deathsun12 Valued Member

Hell ya. I cannot wait for this fight lol. I vote for Evans on this one :).

3. aka The Clerk

aka The Clerk Valued Member

I think as long as Evans and Rampage bring all that energy they forced onto each other during the show into the octagon it will be a crazy good fight. I do agree with what Evans said though, I don't think Rampage is as passionate now as he was when he was fighting for the belt. Who knows, maybe Rampage can channel some of that B.A. energy and knock that sucka out fool. However, I'll still be cheering Evans for the win by knockout.

4. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Forget about it Evans is waaaay better. I don't understand all the hate he gets. Dude's got class and as a fighter he's quick and technical.

My only beef is the fact that the fight was so short. I really thought it was goina be five rounds until the fight was over at 3. Prolly cuz o all the hype I kept thinkin it'd be five rounds.

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I like both fighters. Rampage was always a class act. Solid. Evans brings it as well. Not watched many of his last fights... may have to look them up. But I'll root for Rampage just out of nostalgias sake! :)

6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Rampage said when he left the ufc he was done with fighting and he didn't care anymore he only fought rashad 'cos of the tuf stuff. I like Rampage and I respect his career but I think he's too dispassionate about it now. Evans is still up and coming and is a serious fighter not only that but I would much rather watch Evans fight Shogun than watch 5 round of Rampage getting his legs smashed to crap.

7. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I think Rampage was a bit rusty, but as usual classy in defeat. Evans is a great fighter and really match fit, it'll be a great match up him and Shogun with Evans looking to impose his wrestling i imagine.

Rampage came close in the third, it was excrutiating watching him let Evans off the hook there..

And what about Brillz eh, can't believe he lost that decision. Great fight, good fighter.

8. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

Ah man wasn't it just?? I thought he did a really bad job of controlling him on the ground. Not sure if it's because he was too eager to get strikes in and that's why he failed at securing the position (have to re-watch it). After that he really should have pounced on him and capitalised on Evans' visibly shaken state.

Ah well. Frustrating to watch, but not like I could have done any better :)

EDIT - Having watched it again it appears he just didn't flatten out Evans' body or hips and failed to secure his leg... which allowed him to escape.

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  9. slipthejab

Yep yep... not nearly as explosive or athletic as Evans. Maybe heavier handed... but Evans was too fast in and out just imposed his will... well pretty much at will. :p

But Rampage is a class act like I said and no shame in his game.

10. Phil Elmore

Phil Elmore Valued Member

After watching his childish behavior on Spike's The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights, I don't see how anyone could see Rampage Jackson as a "class act" or anything else complimentary. The man's a raging dick. I'm glad he lost.

11. slipthejab

umm... did you watch the post fight interview with Joe Rogan in the cage? How could his response to Joe Rogan's questions be anything but class?

Seriously did you even watch the fight?

There's really not much else he could have said that could have been any more gracious and humble after being clearly beaten by Evans.

:rolleyes:

12. Phil Elmore

No, I haven't seen UFC 114. I specifically referred to his behavior on the television show. The guy's a jerk, and I'm glad he lost.

13. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

It would have been interesting to see a fight between the two if Rampage had not been suffering from Ring Rust/I just made a movie. Rampage is a dynamic fighter and it sounds like he was not on top of his game.

Evans came off way better throughout the course of the show. I, unfortunately, did not see the fight. I am pleased Evans won and it has nothing to do with the fact he attended Michigan State :rolleyes:.....

14. slipthejab

lol... come back and post when you've watched the fight and immediate post fight interview in the cage with Joe Rogan. Then you might understand why people in this thread are referring to him as a class act. It's directly down to his behavior after the fight.

Whatever your axe to grind with his behavior on Ultimate Fighter is.. I can't really be bothered with.

15. Phil Elmore

A single act of graciousness while attempting to come to terms with defeat does not erase a history of classless, childish behavior. What you, specifically, can be "bothered with" couldn't matter less to more people.

16. slipthejab

lol... get stuffed clown.

You chimed into the thread without having even seen the fight or what anyone is talking about so just hush.

If you can't figure out the relevant footage to watch and still have your panties in a knot over the Utlimate Fighter show go start your own thread and cry there.

17. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Phil Elmore,

The fact that you base your poor assumptions of Rampage Jackson's character purely on a TV show says more about you than I ever need (or want) to know.

18. Phil Elmore

You've both got the Rampage Jackson childish trash-talk behavior down pat, I see. I'm sure you're worthy fans.

The way a person conducts himself publicly is relevant to any assessment of his character. It doesn't matter if the man managed to be humble after being humbled. He spent weeks picking fights with Evans, calling Evans arrogant, and generally behaving like a braying ass. A certain amount of selective editing may come into play, but you cannot manufacture such behavior where none existed.

19. slipthejab

Worthy fans or not lol... at least we were smart enough to watch the footage that is being discussed in the thread and the reason for the thread. Relevancy... FTW. :p

20. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

What fighter in any art has not trash talked prior to or immediately after a fight?

Putting bums on seats is what it is called.

That does not necessarily represent what that fighter is actually like. It is a business, a business worth millions. Look a Muhammad Ali, probably the best trash talker in the business. Now a very very well respected person, a spokesman for humanitarian aid around the world. Ali would not be in that position now if he had not made a name for himself. A name made both inside and outside the ring, including the badmouthing.