ralph jones jkd class

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by tel, Jan 22, 2008.

1. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

hi guys,
    went to this class a few times now, its really good, he's a full instructor under dan inosanto in jkd and kali, really enjoy the classes and he offers so much, the class is on sundays in orpinton in kent, and starts at 11, he doesn't have a website, so thought i would post the details, pm me if you want the address

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

And he is one of the JKD seniors in Europe. He has been practicing JKD since it arrived on our shores.

And tell him when you see him I still think he looks like Bruce Willis :D

3. Simplicity

Simplicity Valued Member

Hey Pat,

What going on my friend? Hope all is well with you and your's. I*_*I

Keep "IT" Real,
    John McNabney

4. Stuart Rider

Stuart Rider Valued Member

Spent many a happy hour at the Orpington class. Ralph is a superb instructor and well worth training under.

The fortunate thing for his students also, is because he does not heavily advertise his classes the numbers are fairly small so the level of tuition is great.

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Doing fine my freind, just doing my thing to the best of my ability.

Keep "IT" Honest too:)

Pat

6. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

I went to Ralphs class once and really enjoyed it. Then I started to learn Wing Chun so concentrated on that. It looks as though the WC has stopped now so I might venture back to Ralph, thing is there are things I didn't learn in WC like double chi sao, does Ralph teach this? I remember there was quite a heavy focus on the kali elements.

7. Stuart Rider

Tel

It's been a while since i was there but Ralph did teach double Chi Sau and other aspects of Jun Fan Gung Fu / Wing Chun.

Ralph did not just focus on Kali when i was with him, some lessons were
    weapons focussed, others empty hand.

If you can't make Ralphs class though, then i can highly recommend Paul Finn as well. Paul teaches in Mottingham and Sidcup. He is an Instructor under

Ralph, Dan Inosanto and Rick Faye in JKD / Kali

as well as holding instructorships in Silat, Wing Chun and Doce Pares.

If you want his website / contact details PM me and i shall send them to you.

Cheers
    Stuart

8. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

hey stuart,
    yeah he does do the single and double hand chi sao, the trapping part of jfgf/jfjkd. also does stick in the class.

But as far a i know, the classes are not running at the moment

9. Stuart Rider

That is a shame. Hope all is ok with Ralph.