Rafal Butkiewicz showing his Ninjutsu on a Heavy Bag

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by kheperure, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

:wow: My heart goes out to your shoulders! They will not thank you in years to come! :eek:

2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Honestly? I see strikes with no extension and no power. Seriously, when I look at video's to judge the effectivness, I think "how bad would I not want to get hit or kicked by that person?" No offense, but those strikes would not scare me one bit. So jammed up- no power whatsoever. And from the looks of it, I am at least twice your age. The TCC practitioner in me see ample ways to throw you off balance too.

I only say this because you asked for honest critique. I hope you use this constructively to better yourself.

3. aaradia

How can you tell if he has hand speed? :confused: There is nothing but little jammed up moves in that video. You have to have some movement (extension) to judge speed. Anyone can look fast if they stay that jammed up.

4. aaradia

Wooden Dummy form done with power, extension, and balanced stances. (Although a little slower than I usually see it done- guessing for demonstration purposes.)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jn2HpRRtuY"]Choy Li Fut Kung Fu Wooden Dummy Training - YouTube[/ame]

This guy - from what I have seen in other video's by him - is not going at his full power, but still much more power than your clip. I am guessing because that dummy does not appear to be firmly rooted to the ground the way you see it moving......
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyoOFQzxR4A"]Choy Lay Fut Wooden Dummy Training - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  5. aaradia

And since when does Japanese martial arts use a wooden dummy? Is that even a real Ninjitsu thing? I thought that was a Chinese martial arts tool.

It is like when Chinese Martial arts start using Nunchucks- those are Japanese. When I see a Chinese school teach that, I think they are just cashing in on Bruce Lee's use of them, but they aren't a TCMA weapon in reality.

Seriously, ready to be corrected if I am wrong. But I never heard of wooden dummies being a Japanese MA tool before.

6. aaradia

Oh, now I see. I didn't realize that video had more than the wooden dummy training. I figured I saw all I needed to after the first couple of minutes......so that is all I responded about before.

I suggest training to retreat your arms after strikes- and quickly - instead of leaving them out fully extended touching your target. Adding that to your leaning forward so much is just begging to be grabbed and pulled down.

7. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

If you watch the video all the way through you see him throw some stuff at a longer range, and yea he's got some hand speed, and just like I said it isn't blinding but he's not sluggish either. Realizing that I'm not a great person by any means or a great martial artist either.

8. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

The op clearly has the money to buy all that fancy gear, now if only he could put it towards going to a good club.

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Why's this been necro'd?

10. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

OP is a necromancer.

11. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I've heard tell that the necromancer is rising in the south. Trolls have come down from the mountains, goblins and orcs are gaining in number and evil is abroad once more. Beware the lonely road. Beware.

12. kheperure

kheperure Valued Member

13. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I see shoes on mats, and a bag next to a mirror.

Someone with No real martial arts ability, someone who's videos show 'no martial arts ability' whilst wearing shoes on mats, and hitting a bag next to a mirror.

With the amount of money spent on this 'gym' you could of got decent training and progessed. But you havnt. Think about that for a while.

also I see British brand equipment, and a welsh flag / picture, inside what looks like a former welsh style church, if so, you're near to proper tuition, its just you choose not to progress, why is that?

edit a quick google search shows your in wales and potentially teaching others. That is a scary prospect.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  14. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

kheperure, please stop spamming the site with random videos. If you post a video we ask that you offer some explanation as to why you are posting it and what it contains.

15. Dead_pool

16. Dead_pool

17. Dead_pool

martial arts ability' whilst wearing shoes on mats, and hitting a bag next to a mirror.

With the amount of money spent on this 'gym' you could of got decent training and progessed. But you havnt. Think about that for a while.

also I see British brand equipment, and a welsh flag / picture, inside what looks like a former welsh style church, if so, you're near to proper tuition, its just you choose not to progress, why is that?

edit a quick google search shows your in wales and potentially teaching others. That is a scary prospect.[/QUOTE]

18. Dead_pool

why dont you train at a proper school, your facebook loaction has several good schools nearby, and your MAP location also has several good places nearby, its obvious you dont train with anyone good, why is that?

19. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

20. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter