Radical weights link

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by David, Apr 4, 2005.

1. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Classic site, one I've been through a fair few times. Some great stuff on there, especially if you are looking to mix up your training or want to look back to the lifters of old for inspiration.

3. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

You know, every time I see a picture of Paul Anderson, four words come to mind. "GET IN MY BELLY!!" :D Another nice site, though.

4. Ad McG

It was probably due to the fact that he ate a fair amount and sipped milk all day during his training! Absolutely legendary lifter, but rather lacking in the physique department.

5. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

When I see pictures of those guys carrying those outrageously large stones, I cringe with how much strength they must acctually have. Its fairly ridiculous.

6. Ad McG

Check out page 5 with the guys doing the hip and thigh lifts and look at the weight on the bar, especially the first one... :eek:

7. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Ahhh, what the heck, those guys are so gnarly! I couldn't ever imagine being half that strong.

8. ClubbellTrainer

ClubbellTrainer Fitness Coach

Anderson was a ferocious eater, and his whole family was into getting big and strong. His autobiography is a fascinating read. Not a lot of science to what he did, but he tried stuff until he found something that worked, then stuck with it. He was fortunate and intelligent in many of his choices, but not a guru by any means.

9. Ad McG

He has an autobiography? I smell a birthday present :D

10. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Really? Gee, thanks. Mine's at the end of October, so you let me know when you find the book and I'll get you my address. :D

On a side note about Anderson, I can't quite imagine drinking a gallon of milk during a workout. Of course, I can't quite imagine back lifting 6,000 either, so it might be worth trying.

11. Ad McG

Mine is in July but my gf sucks at buying presents. I'm expecting the new family guy series for starters, but this could be a nice addition too! :D

12. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

As long as you don't buy the autobiography for your girlfriend...