Quite the turn of events...

Discussion in 'Disabled Martial Artists' started by Kwajman, Oct 12, 2011.

1. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

What sort of work do you do? I take it your either a foreman for the rails, a maritime officer or the president of a small country located somewhere near the Carribean...

2. belltoller

Well, how did the biopsy go today - I'm reckoning the analysis of the results won't be available for a least a while.

Chin up!

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

LOL, I work for the department of Energy monitoring the spread of radiation from the nuclear tests in the 1950's-1960's. I live in the Republic of the Marshall Islands, its in the central pacific 7 degrees north of the equator.

4. belltoller

No Kiddin' ? :wow:

Now it all makes sense - a penguin in paradise at the ends of the earth, indeed!

I'll bet you could give Jimmy Buffett a run for his money any day.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  5. belltoller

Putting it all together here, I'm reckoning one of your primary job functions is to install geotech, thermal, imaging and other scientific apparatus in fairly inaccessable locations; hence, your possible job loss should you suffer immobility for the period of recuperation, then?

I'd think the DOE to have good 'return to work when fit' if you're a direct employee, but things may've changed a good bit.

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Let it be known I hate you Kwajman... :D

Attached Files:

7. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

8. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Seconded! I applied for a job in the Marshall Islands several years ago, I was gutted when I didn't get it! :(

9. Kwajman

To all my friends who now hate me........I can host visitors ya know. Though the planefare gets kind of pricey from Honolulu. Frodo, there is a really good company doing the Operations and Maintenance contract now. PM me and let me know exactly what you do. I can guide you to their website, maybe pull some strings.

10. Kwajman

I basically spend my days flying around by helicopter to little tiny islands like Slip shows and retrieve and replace some monitoring systems placed at different levels in the water and seafloor. Then I do a little work on my own in a lab and send the results to the DOD and DOE in Honolulu.

Its a tough job but somebody's got to do it....

11. Kwajman

Yup, its a pretty cool place.... scuba diving is my main thing after martial arts and sitting on the beach drinking vodka and ginger ale. Gotta make sure the sun goes down every night.

Seriously, if anyones interested, PM me and tell me what you do. Pretty much everyjob is done here, school teachers to plumbers to pilots to whatever.....

12. Kwajman

I have a non-cancerous fibrous tumor on the end of my tibia that they are going to try to fill it with bone cement and try a knee replacement first before going the more extreme rout.

13. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

you spend all day touring in a helicopter and swimming in that ocean.
    poor you :p

14. Kwajman

I love my job....

15. belltoller

Good. I'd heard that cement and/or composite packing was the treatment of choice in 9 out of 10 cases and as far as knee replacement goeth...I know at least one MMA/Muay Thai fighter whose had his entire knee replaced and ya wouldn't know it by the way he kicks and scuttles 'round.

16. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Good luck, Kwajman. That sounds like a much better option than the initial prognosis. :cool: