Questions for Matt Barnes

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by John Bishop, Mar 8, 2007.

1. KGS BBS

KGS BBS Valued Member

Gm. Cunningham:

Yes, Al, we're on the same page. ;) Agreed on pinans 1-5 and if I may add Kata #6 and the Crane....then of course Hansuki/Honsuki and Shou Tung Kwok has the tension breathing beginning and ending.
    I did have the 10 pt. both ways as you had also, with and without the breathing and I had the Plum the same as you too. I only remember being taught the 8pt. hard but took it upon myself to practice it soft also. - Joe

2. shaolinmonkmark

shaolinmonkmark Valued Member

Matt, are you still here?

Matt, are you still here?
    We haven't heard anything from you in a while.

3. Matthew Barnes

Matthew Barnes Valued Member

I'm still here!

Sorry for the deafening silence lately, it's been a very busy time. With the summer starting, it's been time to catch up on a lot of things, so I've mainly been 'just reading' here. I will get back to posting, though.

4. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

That is good Matt, much dirt has been trampled since you posted last.
    Hope you are up for it.

:D
    Gary

5. shaolinmonkmark

How are ya doin in school?

How are ya doin in school?
    Also, i sent your homepage to one of the 4th degrees in Nick cerio kempo, and he said that the forms look more like villari's and not USSD's or Cerio's styles.
    They are cool, to me though.

Keep up all the good work, Matt, and i hope school for you is going great!

6. RevIV

RevIV Valued Member

The forms are more villari's. After black belt most forms are Villari's with the exceptions of Hon Tsuki and 6 kata. USSD made some changes to the forms, and Prof. Cerio changed his forms after Villari left him. Good or bad is not for me to say, but they are Villari's on Matt's webpage.
    Jesse

7. Matthew Barnes

Correct

Jesse's correct here - most of the forms on my site, and virtually all of the post-black belt forms were creations of the Villari's era. These are used in MSDC and USSD, both of which are Villari offshoots. Circle of the Tiger is a recent addition, and is a NCK form.

Matt

8. RevIV

RevIV Valued Member

Big Question?

Matt,
    So when are you going to find a minute to get back to your site? Have any other Combo's circulated around? Getting any hits from anywhere?
    Jesse

9. shaolinmonkmark

one more question

One more question for MAtt:
    Are you going to post the videos for the dM's?

10. Matthew Barnes

Back soon.

I actually have received several emails in the last week or two after a bit of a lull. I've begun some background work in figuring how to host more video, starting with the rest of the forms, and then including some / all of the combinations / dms eventually.

I've also heard an ugly rumor that someone I know has a notebook with all of the combinations (or at least some that aren't on the site yet) in their possession. Hopefully that will turn out to be true.

Right now, things are busy with Student teaching and coaching (undefeated, 2-0 Woo!). I also have to finish editing some footage for a student down south before I get back to my personal projects.

Matt

11. Matthew Barnes

I'm working on it...

I'm working on a way to do that, given the restrictions of the site, and I'm pretty sure how I'm going to do it, but that's probably an early 2008 project.

Matt

12. shaolinmonkmark

a question on the forms videos

Matt,
    It seems that the forms videos are no longer on your website.
    Did ken take them off?
    Cheers!

13. Matthew Barnes

Should be all set now.

Should be all set. His school changed service providers, had to change things up a bit, but the updates are in place.