Questions About Kickboxing

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Korpy, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

When you get the time, ramble on about it, I can't wait to hear on how you got a bronze and silver place in the compettitions. :cool: :)

2. Lol - it's a loong story (this year anyway). Last year was my first national level tourney so it was cool gettin' anything.

Any more questions whilst I'm in answering mood? I'll just echo what the idiot said - this thread is great. The kb section was all but dead before this except a core number of posters. Mainly 'cos no one actually knows what it is with 800 associations, 15 rule sets and silly arguments between all 50 world champions.

3. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Which league/federation/association do you fight in?

Also what are some upcoming compettitions you'll be fighting in?

4. It depends who the fight/tournament is sanctioned by. PKA and WAKO, mainly. When I start full contack it will most probably be ISKA, WKA or WAKO (judging on the fact that these are the main FC orgs.). I quite like IKF too, but they're mainly American.

•PKA Regionals 2005 - I'm almost certain I'll take these.
    •WAKO Regionals East Midlands - Got a good chance. Should medal.
    •A few EMA tourneys - unsure of dates as of yet - Never fought in these yet. They kinda fill in the holes when I haven't got a major one (National, British etc)

I'm sure something else will crop up. At the moment, I'm still really hacked off at missing the WAKO British Champs :woo: Trained soo hard for them aswel :cry:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  5. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I hope you win or at least get a medal. :cool:

So do you do full contact, or do you fighting with protective gear?

6. Ta, mate :)

All levels of fighting is done wearing protective gear. For american rules, l-con and f-con both have •shin guards •footpads •headguards (sometimes) •groin guards •gloves •gum guard

:D

7. God - I never quite realised I knew this much about the great sport of Kickboxing.

8. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I know it's amazing what a Kickboxing champion knows. :cool:

9. Check my Kickboxing FAQ, mate

10. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I'm doing that right now.

11. Just thought it made sense to make one. Hopefully now a MOD will stick it.

Still ask questions here, though, by all means!!!

12. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Don't worry, I will.

13. I kinda guessed ;)

14. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

What about the Nationals you got your good placings?

15. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Hey until the day I get training in either Kickboxing or Muay Thai, should I just practice kicks. Like practicing front kicks, roundhouses, side kicks, and ect?

Also what are some good books on Kickboxing and Muay Thai?

16. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I'm thinking of getting like a 30 lb heavy bag to work out on. And possibly some gloves.

17. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Norm, you still alive? :D

18. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Don't bother practising by yourself if you don't know how the kicks are done - you'll just teach yourself bad habits that'll take longer to break than being taught properly from scratch. If you've got previous training, bagwork is an excellent supplement. Get boxing gloves, 10oz or above and some wraps, not bag mitts

19. ^^^ What he said.

Yup, still hangin' on :)

20. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Good to know. :) :D