Question for the physicists

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by benkei, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Well this is no bloody good. You're explaining stuff in understandable terms using concrete examples and no extravagant visual aids. What you're supposed to do is jet off to exotic parts of the world, speak softly in a mancunian accent and attempt to blow the mind of the listener.

2. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Glad i'm not the only one who thought the Beeb wasted a huge amount of money for no real reason. :bang:

3. Knight_Errant

I dunno, I mean supposedly the computer graphics cost more than the actual travel, and this is the kind of program the BBC should be making. I don't see why we should insist that BBC programmes always have to be made with zero budget, that's part of the whole 'public sector is not allowed to be succesful' mentality. I was a bit mystified as to why it was necessary to travel to South America to find... well, an abandoned building... though.

4. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Gimme a budget and I guarantee I can speak enough technobabble to confuse anyone. For example I could expound on the holographic universe theory - I always liked that one. Or there's talk of informational attacks on the substrate of the universe which may one day become possible. Or the Hylean Theoric Worlds concept (science fiction, but really quite fascinating and a plausible implementation of the quantum many-worlds theory).

Not only that but I can take care of the entire budget without leaving London.

5. Knight_Errant

6. brotherinarms

brotherinarms Valued Member

cheers for clearing that up, i had watched a couple program's/ series' on discovery science and i knew it was all theoretical but you explained the reasons why!

im no scientist haha, but i do like to hear about space etc pity i don't have more of an understanding. it was the only test i ever got 100% on in school :p