Question for AdMcG

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by KICKBOY, Jul 20, 2007.

1. KICKBOY

KICKBOY Valued Member

Question for AdMcG
    I have been reading the forum for a while now and generally find your opinions informative and interesting. I was curious to hear your opinion on Prohormones, or as I consider them oral steroids. Some examples: Superdrol and PheraPlex from anabolic extreme, Methyl Masterdrol from SNS (I think it is a Superdrol clone) haladrol from Gaspari Nutrition and Sostonol 250 from IDS.
    I am well aware of some of the risk with these products as well as the real increases in size and strength. I am also interested in how people in the UK view the products. I am in the US and we are split on the issue. The FDA has banned most of the products mentioned above but companies are quick to come out with clones so they are readily available. It is difficult however to find good information on post cycle therapy and supplements to run along with the PH to help deal with the side effects.

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

This should be its own special thread for people to come to when they want AdmcG to answer their questions. One for him to check weekly :p

3. KICKBOY

KICKBOY Valued Member

I apologize Sparkle, and anyone else who may have an opinion on the subject. I posted the way I did because I have been reading AdMcG’s responses for a while and feel he has a holistic approach to training, so please feel free to share your opinion.

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh no, don't get me wrong. AdMcG is a very knowledgeable guy. If I didn't like trying and finding things out for myself so much I would bug him via PM. I have no opinion on the subject really though. He's shut my fingers up before, taught me a few things :p

5. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Ill just say this. Those products you mentioned are not prohormones. They are straight up steroids. Prohormones are slightly different.

My advice, stay away until your'e over 25. Also theyre not something to rush into. And there is a serous amount of research to be done on them before you start your cycle. A myriad of supporting suplements must be takin' to insure proper liver protection and that your lipid levels are not desstroyed. Also there is a huge amount to learn about PCT (post cycle therapy).

IMO it is a much safer alternative to consider a cycle with a well researched bunch of compounds (steroids) then these new designer "supplements".

IMO Steroids can be done effectively and safely, its just really hard to do, and not for everyone. I've never done them myself but I choose to be educated on the topic.

In short id say "prohormones" are not worth the risk and youd be better off with some tried and tested AAS. OF course there is legality issues tho.

6. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

go to www.muscletalk.co.uk

the AAS forums are top notch and you will learn everything you need there ;)

7. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Anytime you do one of the products listed, you need actual PCT (nolva) and not OTC PCT products. They will do nil if you start getting gyno. The reason why you can't find much info is because (as was posted) they have not been studied clinically.

You'd want to run the same protocol with these products as you would an oral AAS.

8. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Because they are oral AAS haha. They were just never on the original ban lists of steroids.

9. KICKBOY

KICKBOY Valued Member

Many thanks for the replies. Prophet, my age is 46 and I ran my first cycle Phar-Plex, bridged into Superdrol one year ago. It was the recommended ULTAMATE STACK by Anabolic Extreme. The cycle was 8 weeks and yes I made some gains, went from 160 at 6.5% body fat to 178 with 8%. The weight continued to increase during PCT. This was a year ago, I just completed a 5 week cycle of Superdrol. I did not make as much gain but I felt much more comfortable with a short cycle, in my first run the cramps were pretty rough the last two weeks even though I was taking 7-9 grams of taurine per day.
    I agree with the Nolva comment too. In the US you can purchase Tamoxifen Citrate legally as a research chemical. I did some reading over the last year and I added some other compounds to the mix this time. Red Yeast Rice, Saw Palmetto and Hawthorn berry, and I used Anabolic Extreme’s Perfect Cycle liver support two weeks prior to and throughout the cycle and PCT. I eat a clean high fiber high protein diet and do not consume alcohol at all. I went to the Doctor and my blood work and lipid profile was excellent. I plan to go back in three more weeks and have them checked post PCT.
    My personal jury is still gridlocked on the subject, and I wish there was better information on the subject out there. I have never used illegal steroids for the reason that you are purchasing from drug dealer and IMO most of those people are more interested in profit than customer care.
    I would also like to be able to tell JR. that Dad has never used anything that was illegal and not be lying to him.

10. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Check PM ;)

11. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

There is in fact a complete guide of AAS etc done by a professional trainer who's son wanted to bulk up. So he did the whole roid bit, wrote a book about it and the gains were insane. Its like $40 but 2 full volumes of good info.

Personally I recon Ad would just say don't use roids and if you must don't blame anyone for consequences :/

12. Incredible Bulk

isnt superdrol banned everywhere now and classed as an illegal drug/supplement?

superdrol is in the same catagory as AAS

13. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Yeah, it was banned. There are still companys putting out legal clones tho.

Dont bother messing with that stuff. All those legal designer steroids are way worse for you and give you less gains then an injectable cycle.

...Theyre for wussies who are scared of needles :p

14. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I personally don't see it as being worth it. Yes, your gains might come faster than normal, but who is in such a rush? Are you in that much of a rush that you want to spend a chunk of money and serious time in planning, buying and taking these "supplements" if you can even call them that? Everyone has to ask themselves these questions and personally I would never be in that much of a rush.

The only people who actually need steroids to progress are those with naturally low testosterone and those at the very top of their game (pro bodybuilders). The rest are just taking short cuts.

You can't go wrong with a quality diet, sleep and good, CONSISTENT training. The gains might come slower but they stay with you and you don't have to mess about with cycling.

Thanks for the props BTW :love:

15. Incredible Bulk

you forgot professional sports players, they are all on the juice.
    Those who are not will soon become...

a 'level playing field' is a term long since put into practical applications