Question about Women's Self Defence

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by Tiger_ARVN, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Tiger_ARVN

Tiger_ARVN Valued Member

I noticed some women's Self Defence classes teach about personal awareness, prevention, survival, evasion, etc.

So........ Do you guys/girls think such training should also be offered in general martial arts for unisex classes?

I mean I think men and boys should also learn the importance of the above mentioned skills. Its
    not just about being a muscle man and always depending on your fighting skills.

Fighting skills will not prevent a guy from sneaking up behind you and smashing your head in with a 2 by 4.

COMMON SENSE, AWARENESS, AND READINESS WILL HELP A LOT BETTER LOL.

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

err... did someone die and make you Captain Obvious? :confused:

3. Lily

Lily Valued Member

slip - you didn't get the memo?? :D

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

That IS what's taught in SD classes, unless they're being taught by some know nothing fool whose only qualification is a 'Black belt' who teaches some crappy breakaway techniques, that only create a false sense of security and are more likely to make you MORE vunerable.

Sorry, this is one of my pet peeves. This is why I think the term 'Self Defence' is a joke and prefer to use the term 'Self Proection' (semantics I know).

Rant ends.

5. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

OP is an agenda troll and not a very bright one - read his other contributions to the forum LOL

6. Tiger_ARVN

Tiger_ARVN Valued Member

LOL your quote from Ular Sawa at the bottom made my day. lmfao.
    peace.