Question about weapons

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Inu, Mar 19, 2012.

1. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

You would not need to use any of these if you had studied your 350 forms. :rolleyes:

2. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

I like to train how to throw a dagger. IMO, it can cover a long range if firearm is not available. I used to carry 3 daggers with me. All 3 are for throwing. For clinching range combat, I prefer this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  3. 47MartialMan

If I carried a torch around, people would think I am about to set fire to something

4. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

Not if you hide it under your coat.

[​IMG]

5. 47MartialMan

Then the torch would set my coat on fire

6. Falcord

Falcord Valued Member

I'm going to be the weird one here, but I really, really like the rope and dart type weapons (meteor hammer, kusari gama, etc).

I have some practice with them (I play the chain and ball position in this sport): [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkWhMks2w34"]this game[/ame]

With some training they are a blast to use.

7. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Ah, good ol' Jugger. :) I used to play Quick.

8. Falcord

Falcord Valued Member

Cool! Under German/European rules like in the video? Or the american variant?

9. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

European naturally, with armour permitted for the heavies.

10. Falcord

Falcord Valued Member

That's a cool touch! Unless you play with more contact, I wonder why anyone would want to burden themselves with armor though =P.

By the way, some time ago I opened a jugger thread, in case you wanted to chime in, and also not to hijack this thread much.

11. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I'd say it's a fair bet we used to play with more contact ... and probably more alcohol involved as well.

Armour prevents a one-hit kill, makes the game last a little longer. Technically the quick could wear it as well, but after one nearly killed himself only wearing chain it went out of fashion fast.

12. shootodog

shootodog restless native

[​IMG]

bolo ni maximino

13. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

[​IMG]

This is my whacking stick

An ex hickory pickhelft

14. blindside

blindside Valued Member

Well, that looks familiar. :D
    Does the name come from the guy who owned it, the maker, or is it a general term from the region? I am always curious about the terminology regarding Filipino swords, there is always alot of variation.

15. shootodog

shootodog restless native

maximino, i believe, is an amateur panday in antipolo, rizal. this is one of his "homebrew" creations.

it is interesting that it looks very similar to the binangon from panay. though binangonan is a town in rizal as well.